What's new

Turbo boost problem

Tanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
My Accord Diesel is suffering from Turbo boost problems...

Upto 2-2500rpm it feels normal and fine but after that especially when it reaches over 3000rpm the Turbo runs out of boost and it struggles to pick the revs after this.

What could the problem be is a stuck EGR valve, one of the turbo pipes split/off, fuel pipes, or is the turbo gone?

Thanks in advance!

Is it going into limp mode?

If you look through a couple of my previous posts you will see what happened to me. Chances of it being the same thing for you is slim, however one of the pipes that was loose on my car was the actuator pipe, the clip had been lost and it was loose. So when I booted it, the vaccuum managed to pull on the pipe, but when I went gradually it wasn't enough and limp mode kicked in.

Can you hear it spooling up as well? That was something that was missing from my car before it was fixed, that tell tale whine as it spools up.

Are you getting any engine warning lights? It's either a sticking EGR valve or a vaccum leak. Get it inspected before deciding..

Are you getting any engine warning lights? It's either a sticking EGR valve or a vaccum leak. Get it inspected before deciding..
No engine warning lights. Will get a inspection done and report back.

Whats the fix for a sticking EGR valve can it be cleaned? Any common places to check for the vaccum leak?

Many thanks!

My car never showed an engine warning light when it was knackered, but it did produce fault codes that could be read.

You can either replace or we can map it out. Details in my signature below.

They found that two pipes were the wrong way around on my turbo and the actuator pipe had lost its clip and therefore wasn't attached tightly to make a vaccuum.

Once fixed, I still had flat spots due to turbo lag and possibly EGR valve, which I had mapped out by Fahad and it made a huge difference.

I would get the fault codes read first though to see what it tells you.

I would never have guessed mine on my own, I was all set to put a new turbo in.