What's new

Turbo trouble

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
So I had my solenoid valve replaced as per the diagnostic code and 5 days later I get the engine light on again and the car goes into limp mode so in again I went to Johnsons in MK. They did more diagnostics and told me they'd need to send it all off to Honda UK. I've got the results back and they say I need a new turbo. I've asked all the usual/likely questions: was the solenoid and turbo issue linked/did the solenoid need to be changed really/cost of turbo but they couldn't answer any of that and are getting back to me (which will mean me ringing them again probably!) but has anyone here had a new turbo and know the cost or know if HondaUK may help? It's a 2010 car on 84k. Thanks in advance.

Update - I just found a thread on here from 2011 (both Brett and F6had giving good advice amongst others) so I've got a little more insight. One query the forumite had that wasn't cleared up was if it were some carbon that flew backwards into the turbo, as the dpf is after the turbo, and broke a spine/fin, then why would I not have the usual dpf warning light coming on? Just a thought ....

You need your dpf taking out, turbo stripped and cleaned and actuator freeing up. Just trust me on this, I see this all the time. You can wait till you start having dpf errors but you are just delaying the inevitable.