What's new

Type-S or EX

impne

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer type s
I've been looking to get a new car but can't make my mind up which one.

Just wondering on opinions from people who have already made a decision and bought one or anyone who has looked into it.

I'm wanting an Accord Estate in white Diesel manual

I've gone from a Type-S to EX in the car I have now and like the little extra toys it has

I want a sunroof but this is not option on Type-S, I like the look of the Type-S more than EX

White is option on Type-S and available but delayed in EX

Maybe looking to EX in white and changing kit? I'd rather have Type-S over sport option bumpers

Does anyone know the difference in std options between the 2 cars as the couple of dealers I've been in told me different things, one dealer admitted they didn't sell many so were not 100% sure

Any details and advice greatly appreciated

Last week my local dealer gave me a copy of the new 2012 brochure which is now out, it comprehensively lists all the specs so you can clearly see the difference between all models.
It also shows the new colours available to order.

Unfortunately it still shows that a sunroof is only available on the EX

Last week my local dealer gave me a copy of the new 2012 brochure which is now out, it comprehensively lists all the specs so you can clearly see the difference between all models.
It also shows the new colours available to order.

Unfortunately it still shows that a sunroof is only available on the EX

The spec levels for the 2012 models are virtually unchanged from the outgoing 8th Gen model, which is part o fthe reason I am probably not now going to change mine. I have all the options ticked off on my current car and would cost me needless hundreds, if not thousands to change to the 2012 model which, on the face of it, does not have that many changes worthy of the cost involved.

As a sidenote, its always a toss up between interior and exterior equipment. I was tempted towards the Type S for the looks and extra power, but opted for the ADAS-equipped EX variant and a host of other toys instead. Cant exactly see a bodykit etc when you're sat in the car (no matter how nice it looks outside) but the toys remain firmly in the cabin :D

this is also why i went for the EX.
I have most of the toys and the body kit can be a mod for the future.

I was looking to buy a new accord in White and ended up ordering a type s because was told you can only get a White one if u get a type s. But from what I have read the spec is the same apart from the body kit and wee bit more power in the type s

I'm probably going for the EX and as said mod the front bumper to Type-S

No too bothered about power as will get it mapped straight away by Fahad like the one I have now.

I don't think I could live without the sunroof if I got the Type-S

A-EX - what is the ADAS like to live with? I've only had a brief go in a CR-V and didn't like it but it was only on a short run, it's an option I'm looking at

A-EX - what is the ADAS like to live with? I've only had a brief go in a CR-V and didn't like it but it was only on a short run, it's an option I'm looking at

The ADAS is fantastic - its works well with the collision mitigation feature and frankly I couldnt prise myself away from this feature to another car unless ADAS was present. The real benefit of ADAS is on long runs, not short trips.

And its worth remembering, if you go for the EX model and have ADAS, you get the HID headlights as standard (like the Type S) - thats another Brucie Bonus!

I had this same thought when I brought my EX. I was nearly sold for a Type S but found the Auto Ex to be of a better ride and the sunroof just lets that extra light in! Plus the dealer was giving it away compared to the Type S.

I do wish I had bought an estate though as the boot is oh so small on the saloon!

I'm probably going for the EX and as said mod the front bumper to Type-S

No too bothered about power as will get it mapped straight away by Fahad like the one I have now.

I don't think I could live without the sunroof if I got the Type-S

Also, are you buying used or all new?

Advanced Driver ***istance systems.... funky cruise control with radar and collision mitigation. LKAS keeps you between the white lines so you can have a snooze (joke).