What's new

Understeer

Wellybob

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Ive got a 2008 VII 2.2 Diesel Sport Estate (I believe CN2 chassis), current suspension is in very good condition low miles 41k, the thing almost caught me out, part way through a bend terminal understeer luckily there was enough road left to keep going. Does anyone know how to reduce the understeer ? I realise I could drive slower etc and it has a heavy diesel engine up front. I have also noticed the front sits quite high compared to the rear. Already looked at the Bilstein / Eibach suspension package but this isn't available any more for my car. Any advice / recomendations would be appreciated.

As you mentioned the main problem on the Accord are the springs and dampers.
A set of stronger sway bars also hepls to improve overall steering performance.
I'm using stock dampers which are a custom setup with 10% harder compression and 25% slower rebound in a combination with H&R -50mm springs and H&R sway bars.
The difference is like night and day in handling performance

Poslano z mojega ASUS_Z016S z uporabo Tapatalk

I'll put the most overlooked piece of the puzzle into the picture, tyres. You can have the best suspension setup in the world but it matters not if you're on awful rubber.

Thicker Rear ARB + Sports springs/shocks + good tyres, that should counter your understeer issue. I know it has on mine.

Buy a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4, fit them and see what happens.
I bet your understeer problem will have either drastically reduced or been eliminated.