What's new

urgent question about my accord water pump

bryanfury

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
i got old accord generation 5 i think i will change my water pump and i bought firstline are they a good brand
and reliable water pumps?
Please tell me .

Hello and welcome
Please try to introduce yourself before posting questions.
I'm sure somebody will have an answer

Kevin im not sure about first line but someone will no for sure.
What i will say its best to stick to genuine Honda parts in most cases.

Kevin im not sure about first line but someone will no for sure.
What i will say its best to stick to genuine Honda parts in most cases.
its hard to find them :( and firstline is new,my current water pump works okey but most people told me that i must change it when i change my belts and pulleys so i will change them soon and i already ordered firstline so i wanted to know if i made huge mistake or everything is ok with that brand in my country no one is heard of this brand and i buy my stuff most of ebay and etc. here is manifacturer web site http://www.firstline.co.uk/products_cooling.php
it was hard to find it!

As i said mate don't worry to much as i expect this is as good as any.Just wait till another member hear has experience in this make to put your mind at rest.
Buy the way Kevin get some pics up of your car ;)

that's the first time I have heard of that aftermarket vendor TBH , normally it blueprint which normally make the Japanese and Korean car parts.

If you are on a budget try it and see what it does.In a ideal world you would also change the timing belt and tensioner but it depends how much you want to spend doing it right.
i already ordered that firstline water pump so i am worried is it good or not ?
about belts they are one of the worlds best gates and pulleys sfk. i hope firstline wont dissapoint me and wont make me any troubles ;] but if some one used this brand u can tell me your opinions :)

Firstline, is a big company, they are based in Bicester in the Midlands UK, they do replacement parts for all manufactures. They are similar to Eurocarparts.

I wouldnt worry about it being a below standard part, it should be fine. But yes, if you are replacing the waterpump, as CJ said you have to take the belts off anyway, you might as well do a timing belt renewal too.

Firstline, is a big company, they are based in Bicester in the Midlands UK, they do replacement parts for all manufactures. They are similar to Eurocarparts.

I wouldnt worry about it being a below standard part, it should be fine. But yes, if you are replacing the waterpump, as CJ said you have to take the belts off anyway, you might as well do a timing belt renewal too.
the only reason i will change my current water pump is cuz i will change belts and pulleys of course :) and i wanted everything to be brand new and solid........ my current belts and pulleys and water pump is okey but i dont know how much km are gone with them so i dont want they to be broken cuz if i broke my pulley or my belts are damaged i can damage my engine so it will be very expensive risk for that reason i dont want to take risk ,firstline was the only water pump that i manage to find....... i hope they are not worst on the planet :D
and will last at least 40 000km.

Don't know about the waterpump, but when i had to replace the droplinks on my 6th gen they were Firstline been on the car 2 years with no problems.So shouldn't think you anything to worry about.