What's new

Vibrating on idle with ECU Fault Codes P16A1, P1041, P16A4, P1384

emilevassallo

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord i-CDTi
This happened a few weeks following exhaust manifold repair and the replacement of the crankshaft pulley... don't know if it is related.

When on idle (warm or cold engine) there is a vibration which can be felt at the steering wheel and pedals (I'm sure it wasn't there).

Engine pulls well and there is no performance difference.

Engine light came on (about 4 times in the last 5-6 weeks or so) Stays on for the rest of the drive but eventually after a few uses of the car will go off.

Waited to get this Bluetooth OBD reader and the faults stored on the ECU are the following:

P16A1
P1041
P16A4
P1384

I've tried looking at what they might point to but did not find anything yet - any help would be most welcome!
Thanks

P16A1 - Internal ECU fault
P1041 - O2 sensor
P16A4 - I think it's something to do with the EGR valve
P1384 - glow plug circuit malfunction.

As you've recently had the mani replaced I suggest an ECU reset, and a clean of the EGR. Hopefully that'll sort it :)

Did the car have new O2 sensors fitted with the mani? If not they'll need replacing before the reset.

The vibration could be the flywheel or the pulley itself. Was it present before the pulley replacement? Why did you have the pulley replaced and was it a new genuine honda part?

The other errors are more likely a badly clogged inlet manifold and an egr that needs removing or replacing.

Hi and thanks for your replies.

Old pulley was visibly wobbly and making an annoying noise. Changed it for a brand new Honda Original (€350).

Will reset and let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Emile