What's new

vsa,exclamation mark,abs

kamiljanikjoul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Executive 2.2ictdi
Hi guys

I was driving normaly and suddenly 3 yellow marks shows up: ABS,VSA, and ❗ mark. I did t feel any differences in driving but I stopped,turn off the the engine, and put it back again, then signs dissappeard. Any idea what can it be? I haven't got time to check it via obd2 . Otherwise I lĺ have to go to mechanic to check it.
What do you think?

Tanks
Kamil

Could be abs sensors, worst case scenario is the vsa unit itself which is very costly. Only a diagnostic scan will tell.

Can it put system in emergency mode like engine check and cause that car is less powerful?

Is obd2 with torque on my mobile shows these faults?

AFAIK it won't affect engine performance.

low-cost OBD2 readers cannot read the ABS/VSA unit, only expensive "professional" ones or Honda HDS

You can get HDS on eBay for 70 quid not sure if it's genuine, but it's there if you want to give it a try

Those £70 HDS on eBay are Chinese clones, I've got one, they don't do everything that a proper one does, but they're OK for the money.

But there are two crucial issues to be aware of
  1. the software only runs on XP
  2. the cable connection between the PC/laptop is RS232, so if your PC/laptop will need a USB-to-RS232 converter cable, with good drivers for the cable

I don't have laptop:(. Will be a problem.
Anything better which will do the job,
All of them need laptop?

I just drive it and lights shows up again but they didn't dissappeard after I turned off and on engine.

hmmm I was a bit dubious, until I saw this table in the second link

$_57.JPG

According to that table it should read and clear everything that HDS does, for £75.94 same price as HDS clone, easier to set up and use than HDS, but the latter is better because there is a bigger screen on a laptop and more memory.

I see that the link is a seller in the UK, and since it is Buy-It-Now, you have full distance selling rules behind you i.e. you can return it for any reason (provided it's in a condition for resale by the seller)

So you think its worth to try?
I find some more opinions online and maybe I'll buy it.
There are some videos on YouTube...

If you don't have a laptop (and as I say, it has to run XP and it will need to have RS232 capability), and if other places online say it reads Honda ABS etc, then go for it, but as I say, be careful when you try it, so that you can repackage it and ask to send it back to the seller, if you don't want it. EBay does honour the UK distance selling rules on Buy-It-Now items (not auctions, rules don't apply to auctions).

I ordered it. I got busy week at work just come back from holiday :( and I won't be here till July. Thanks for help.
Asap I get the fault reader I'll update it.

I ordered it. I got busy week at work just come back from holiday :( and I won't be here till July. Thanks for help.
Asap I get the fault reader I'll update it.

Hi Guys

I received the fault reader today ,i tried it on my car and i think its working fine.
I read DTC whatever it means, it shows no faults, i couldnt read anything from options like : AT , SRS , EPS ,couldnt connected to it.i dont know what is it and not sure if my car got it. i was able to read ABS and this one shows faults.
1. 17-01 left rear wheel speed sensor open or short
2. 18-01 left rear wheel speed sensor failure

i cleaned them and ran a car for 10 miles then i testes it again and faults was not there.

I also saw that battery shows 11V before the driving ,i tested after it and shows 12 V is it normal?

I also have a strange feeling that my car is not powerful all the time ,i do not drive it regularly, different days after ignition when the engine is cold,sometimes it not accelerating smoothly ,i cant explain it properly .

Rear passenger abs sensor needs changing mate.

kamil10 said:
Hi Guys

I received the fault reader today ,i tried it on my car and i think its working fine.
I read DTC whatever it means, it shows no faults, i couldnt read anything from options like : AT , SRS , EPS ,couldnt connected to it.i dont know what is it and not sure if my car got it. i was able to read ABS and this one shows faults.
1. 17-01 left rear wheel speed sensor open or short
2. 18-01 left rear wheel speed sensor failure

i cleaned them and ran a car for 10 miles then i testes it again and faults was not there.

I also saw that battery shows 11V before the driving ,i tested after it and shows 12 V is it normal?

I also have a strange feeling that my car is not powerful all the time ,i do not drive it regularly, different days after ignition when the engine is cold,sometimes it not accelerating smoothly ,i cant explain it properly .
Seems that the reader is reading the ABS ok, it should also read other modules in the car if present. Clear all the codes and see if they come back.

I had a look at old posts and your car is 2004 2.2 ictdi about 110k miles , it won't have EPS (electric power steering)

if you're concerned about the engine power when cold, maybe search for similar topics or start a new thread if you can't find anything similar

Thanks guys, I'll have look if it's come back and change if nesseary.

It's not on cold engine, it's depand on the day , I usually driving once a day short distances. I will check the other topics.

What about the battery. Should it be 12.6 v anyway?
I charged it once already about 2 month ago, it might need to be change.

I wouldn't trust that 11V reading, see what reading it gives with the engine running