What's new

VTEC solenoid seals/gaskets - which part numbers

skhell

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8, 6th gen Accord
Hi guys,

I am about to replace the VTEC solenoid oil seal for my year 2000 Accord (1.8 F18B2 engine), which I suspect is leaking. As far as I know, there are two seals: 1) between the VTEC valve ***embly and the engine head; and 2) In the VTEC valve ***embly itself, between the solenoid and the valve.

As for the first seal, it is listed in the parts diagram with part number 15825-P0A-015 (part 11 in the following diagram). As for the other seal, I it's not listed in the parts diagram... Although not listed, I think it can be replaced... Anyone knows the part number for this seal? Has anyone replaced these seals?

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...NDER-HEAD-18L-20L-23L-/17S1A11/E__1001/1/2575

CYLINDER-HEAD-18L-20L-23L-Honda-Cars-ACCORD-2000-18ILS-5-speed-manual-E__1001.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like the seal underneath the vtec solenoid is not available separately.

This is also the case with my Honda s2000. Honda never made them available to buy separately.
You have to buy the whole vtec solenoid ***embly.

You may need to find after market options.

This is the aftermarket seal that the s2000 owners swear by and is reliable.
Someone actually manufactured one and performed quite abit of R&D on it as there was alot of demand in the s2k world for it.

Might be worth messaging them to see if they have one that is doable for the F18B2

Failing that, you might have to buy a 2nd hand vtec solenoid ***embly on ebay etc

Hope it helps

In that case, I will not remove it. I am not sure if it's bad, but since I have no substitute for it, I will leave it.
If it is indeed leaking, I will probably buy a second hand, and then check if there is a possible after market seal (or from another Honda), that resembles the one found in the VTEC valve...

Nonetheless, I will get in contact which those guys and see if they can help.

Thanks for the tips!

Made some findings that can be usefull.

The 2000 Accord EX 4D (USA model), had the same VTEC element as the CG8 model (part number 15810-PAA-A01), which has been replaced by part number 15810-PAA-A02. You can check this info at https://parts.sonshonda.com/product...VE-***EMBLY--SPOOL/1478947/15810-PAA-A02.html. Also, the seal between the VTEC valve and the engine head is the same as the one found in the CG8 (15825-P0A-015)

The parts diagram for this car also doesn't show the solenoid base seal, but after looking at ebay, there seal kits for this Accord model. Just a few:

These products in ebay are made of the following part numbers: 36172-P0A-005 (solenoid valve base seal) and 15825-P0A-015 (seal between valve and engine head).

Although this is a long shot, probably the part number 36172-P0A-005 will fit in this engine. Nonetheless, it's too risky to open it not knowing it will fit properly....

Glad you managed to find some options to try which doesnt seem to expensive.

That link from JDMshop looks promising
Might be worth a try.