What's new

What buzz's - the door or the door card?

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
I doubt I'm the only Accord owner to have this. Quite impressed with the standard stereo apart from the buzzing I get, I haven't investigated yet but I was wondering if anyone else has? So is the door itself or the door cards?

do you think its trim buzzing or the cheap OEM speaker going home?

The passenger door card has a little rattle on mine, probably coz i've taken it off a few times could do with new trim clips.
The driver tweeter used to buzz on the dashboard haven't noticed it recently.
ther was a warranty issue on buzzing speakers, or is that for the 8th gen?

I had a slight door rattle for ages since my windows were tinted. Finally cured last week by replacing all the interior door panel clips with brand new ones from HH.

8th gen Sal, but I think there might be issues with the 7th - I might have to loo at my door card too though - was it difficult Faddy? Or should i just get it done my whoever does my manifold and save the teeth gnashing?

Thought it was the 8th gen, Dan replacing the door card poppers are easy mate. 5min job

It's easy although I got my mate Saf to do it while I was fitting the facelift headlights :)

Buzzing, describe more please Nick

It's just resonance rattle from the bass in the music. It's on both doors. I'm going to sound deaden the doors when I change the speakers, just wondered if it was the same for everyone.

I see u love yo bass Nick. Does it occur when you play original Cds, and how does this compare when you play writable Cds/iPod/ mp3s?? You may only need to replace the door clips as Fahad suggested.

It's the same for any source that I use, radio, CD or my Ipod. Well chuffed though, got an Xcarlink for £9.99 and fitted it yesterday.

£9.99? How did you manage that!?

I get a small buzz now and again but only with heavy music with lots of base :rolleyes:

£9.99? How did you manage that!?

It was on ebay as a buy it now unwanted gift, the seller said it was for a Honda, didn't know which ones so I thought it was worth a punt, think I saw it 1/2 an hour after it was listed. I bought it and it's the model 1, I did some research on the internet but couldn't find what it was for but luckily tried it yesterday and it worked.

Dude that is a result and a half!!!

I think the one I've got is an older version of that, no control through the steering wheel, just the volume which isn't a major problem.

What a bargain, £9.99. I won mine for about £35 on ebay early 2009, now I have it sitting somewhere in a cupboard coz I have an aftermarket unit.

Nick, my issue was not related to the stereo and only happened on the front n/s door card. At certain speeds and on certain road surfaces, the panel used to groan.. if you pushed it on the bottom left, the noise would go away. I tried some padding inside it, and it worked..for a while.

In the end just replacing all 7 clips for £12 did the job :D

Mines definitely the speaker then...hey ho.

Dan,

Just noticed the xcarlink linky you mentioned - is that all I need to be able to use my iPod? Sat nav version of the sound system. Obviously it needs to be removed to insert the data cable?

Cheers!

Well, I have a thing from DICE electronics that ( I think ) Alnug or Andy link to previously.

My issue with the xCarLink is that it removes control from the iPod. I just want the sound routed through the amp without the a7sing about with steering controls or display.

Apparently the kit I have gives me the option of both.

Cheers Dan,

I'm with you! Don't really care for controlling the iPod through wheel, etc - just want audio to amp. Can you tell me more? Searched the forum for DICE but no clues!

Ta!

B

OK the company I got it from was ICD Europe Ltd,

Spoke to two guys there who seemed very knowledgeable. Their phone number on the invoice was 01021 5807540. It cost me £106.95 including next day delivery. I need to chase them for the number of a local installer, but basically they supply to the trade.

To me, unless the screen menus are transposed to the in-car system I am not interested - would much rather spend money on a good mount - like the one that came with my car that makes it no more dangerous than operating the standard controls.

Cheers! Will look into it! Sounds like it does ther same thing as the Xcarlink? Just looking for most economical method to connect iPod - had £100 limit in my head! Ta for the info!
B

Sorry just noticed the number typo - should be 0121 5807540