What's new

What car shampoo do you use ?

CJM

Dr. Diesel
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord Ex i-CTDI
Getting low on the jewel ultra diamond car shampoo I currently use and was wondering what others are using and their thoughts.

A mate uses the Megs Shampoo plus from the detailer range and finds it very good and easy to use on the car.

I use Zymol Shampoo / Bilt Hamber Auto Wash / Meguairs Soft Wash

I use Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo.

Been using Dodo products for last 12 months and am very impressed, I was a Zymol person before and I'd say Dodo is as good if not better than Zymol and if you take price into account then it's Dodo all the way.

I havent found "the one" yet either so Id be interested into what the peeps on here use

Ive used loads in the past but over the last few months Ive been using DJ sour power.

Also just bought Werkstat Auto Body Wash but only done one wash so far so cant really comment.

If Im honest I think they all do pretty much the same job, for me I noticied a massive improvement in my washing technique when I added snow foam to my regime. I think with a good quality snow foam prewash most decent washes are good.

I am a fan of Meguiar's product's and i use the Gold Class Shampoo and conditioner. Very easy to use and it does not smear plus it smells lovely too :lol:

I've found Zaino Z-7 my favourate so far. Very good even at shifting bugs without much effort. Chemical Guys Bodywash & Wax is also very good. Have been using CG Maxi Suds recently but to be honest prefered the Bodywash & Wax (though understand its good for foam lances).

I use Ultimate Finish Snow foam to clear of worst off dirt, but have just picked up 5litres of the Valet Pro version so interesting to compare.

After 5 mins dwell time its a thorough jet off before a wash using the two bucket system, lambswool mitt and Poorboys Super Slick and Suds:

Super Slick & Suds is a highly concentrated car shampoo with extra-ordinary lubricants and surfactants which safely remove dirt and grime from your vehicle without stripping off wax or sealants.

super-slick-suds-car-shampoo.jpg

Features & Benefits:

•Highly concentrated, pH neutral formula
•Super slick - slides contaminants away from paintwork
•Free-rinsing for easy drying
•Wax-friendly

Smells good too ;)

Unfortunately this can't undo the damage already done, but leaves car squeeky clean.

Good luck.

Yep I quickly ditched BH auto foam it was a pile of poo, now trialling ultimate finishes own brand which got 5 star review from auto express.

Hyper wash is fantastic for the winter when its just too cold for 2BM as it clings so well offering some good dwell times.

Well Its no super fluid, but I have purchased Autoglym Shampoo conditioner for 5 litres at £24 Im not complaining, On first inspection of it, it appears to be very good smells nice too. Its concentrate also, and is a wash and wax. Apparently you can dilute this up for a quick detailer, though I find this hard to believe. I shall let you know on the results

Not tried the AG shampoo as a quick detailer but I can believe it works as it does not foam up when you use it as a shampoo..

I've been using Dodo natural lime and something or other recently and it's genunely very good.

Managed to use Werkstat ABW a few times now and it produces alot of suds and is super slick which is great. Only issue is its not the cheapest at the dilution ratio they recommend,

Thanks for the feedback guys,

Still un-decided as of yet

Snow foam is out for me as I tend to wash the car EARLY (first light) in the morning most neighbours wouldn't be best mates with me afterwards !

I suppose it also depends on the water, we are quite lucky as our water is quite soft.

Might borrow some of the Megs ultimate detailer or alternatively give dodo a go

I use AG Shampoo and conditioner, I think it gives nice results no streaks or smears smells luvvely and doesnt cost the earth......kerching!!

I use AG Shampoo and conditioner, I think it gives nice results no streaks or smears smells luvvely and doesnt cost the earth......kerching!!

Washed my car today with Autoglym Shampoo and Conditioner, and just as this guy says it is very good, car looks properly clean. And to clarify yes it seems to be a very good quick detailer when diluted so win all round!

Marcus, how do you use it as a QD?

At the very beginning I was surprised by this idea, thinking it would leave a soapy (oil looking) film on the car, but it just doesnt, tested it against my megs speed detailer, same result. I read that a 1/4 of a cap into a 500ml bottle is the ratio. I struggled to balance the 5litre tub to pour into cap, so I scooped out 2 tea spoons into a bottle, and filled with already boiled water. The consistency is the same as the megs. I shall try it a few more times before I become responsible for someone trying this out lol! but from what I can see, this is a very very cheap way to run a quick detailer.

Wow jut a capful to 500ml of water? I'll have to give this a try!!

We are talking about the green liquid shampoo from AG right?

not a cap full see above, yep the green stuff conditioner version :(

I had always used TurtleWax's ZipWax shampoo and was never really impressed. But I knew back then that this was a far better and more importantly safer than using household washing up liquid!

Poorboy's Slick and Suds shampoo was the first proper shampoo I purchased many years back and Zipwax was forever ditched..

Shampoos I would recommend include..

- Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Glaze
- Zaino Z7
- Zymol Clear Autobathe
- Meguiars Shampoo Plus
- Serious Performance Shampoo

Megs nxt here. Seems to foam nicely and softens my already soft water.

Its very economical too. A large 15 quid bottle has lasted 3 years although I reckon I only has a couple more washes left.

I' ve spent a fortune on shampoos over the years, my favourite being Duragloss 901. But I use it both in the bucket and in the second snow foam wash and it depresses me each time I have to buy a new bottle as shampoo is so expensive.

So I've now got something like eight 5l bottles of Simoniz stuff that was down to 50p a gallon. foams well, is slick and is cheap as chips. its not performed any different to an expensive shampoo and there is no increased marring, so that more than does the job for me. shampoo is only a part off the cleaning process and as long as it cleans without marring then all is good.

I have been using Optimum No Rinse over the last month though and I am suitably impressed.

I think I will try this next http://www.valetpro.co.uk/Products/Exterior-Cleaners/1559-/Poseidons-Carnauba-Wash-5L Im quickly coming round to Shinny's way of thinking.

Has anyone tried this a friend of mine uses this with great results.Its a good product but very expensive.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam.aspx

I think I will try this next http://www.valetpro.co.uk/Products/Exterior-Cleaners/1559-/Poseidons-Carnauba-Wash-5L Im quickly coming round to Shinny's way of thinking.

Andy

Been looking at that myself, got some good reviews.

Although I've also seriously considering this stuff

Stjärnagloss Körsbär Wash and Wax

It also smells of Cherry and Marzipan, which is my idea of Heaven so a bonus!, plus these guys are literally a mile or so away from me, however when you start looking at what they stock, I'm a little afraid of going in and seeing all the goodies in fear of bankrupting myself!

Andy

Been looking at that myself, got some good reviews.

Although I've also seriously considering this stuff

Stjärnagloss Körsbär Wash and Wax

It also smells of Cherry and Marzipan, which is my idea of Heaven so a bonus!, plus these guys are literally a mile or so away from me, however when you start looking at what they stock, I'm a little afraid of going in and seeing all the goodies in fear of bankrupting myself!

Carl I like the sound of Cherry and Marzipan :lol:

Well went for the Stjärnagloss Körsbär Wash and Wax in the end.

smelt it and that sold it for me anyhow!

Worked well for me, plenty of lather and cleared the dirt quickly considering the car hasn't been washed since December, plus all done with the subtle aroma of cherry and marzipan.

I wonder if they do a scented clay bar :wub:

I've settled on Megs NXT, it gives very good results for not a massive outlay. I've also been very impressed the Demon Shine QD, it's certainly as good as Megs QD and a hell of a cheaper if you shop around.