What's new

what is it worth?

mikem

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
My misses says that my 2001 SE exec has to go. MOT til Dec, it is structurally sound having all underside rust welded up.
The outside is tatty but solid and it has spot lights, a spoiler with brake lights, mud flaps, beko wind deflectors, Nuvi hard wired sat nav
and is wired for front and rear dash cams. It also has day running lights, two sets of keys and a hard wired X car link mp3 player.
Engine and gearbox are fine, it has had a new battery recently and it has been serviced every year.
I see them on eBay going for £300 or so and think it has to be more. We buy any car are saying £450ish
What do you think?

Attachments

• P1070220 (Medium).JPG
    P1070220 (Medium).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
My misses says that my 2001 SE exec has to go. MOT til Dec, it is structurally sound having all underside rust welded up.
The outside is tatty but solid and it has spot lights, a spoiler with brake lights, mud flaps, beko wind deflectors, Nuvi hard wired sat nav
and is wired for front and rear dash cams. It also has day running lights, two sets of keys and a hard wired X car link mp3 player.
Engine and gearbox are fine, it has had a new battery recently and it has been serviced every year.
I see them on eBay going for £300 or so and think it has to be more. We buy any car are saying £450ish
What do you think?
Get a full MOT on it and sell it privately...surely be worth in the high hundreds then.with an older car "runner" good mechanics and a full mot are what buyers of these type of cars are looking for.such a shame tho once your pride and joy hits a certain age they are on borrowed time.I really liked this model,not as practical but much cooler looking than the hatchback and i always wanted to own one.so yeah offer it with a full mot service it yourself and youll guarantee best price

Last edited:
WBAC now upped to £570 but giving it a shot on ebay,
eBay item number:

never used WBAC and beware any "estimate" they quote you as it will plumet once youve taken your car to one of their outlets for a final price....best of luck on ebay tho

Well i advertised the car on ebay, gumtree and facebook. Had lots of enquiries but strangely several people asking if it had the original Cat.
what is the significance of that? Am i missing something?

If you find the right scrap merchant you can get anywhere between £300 and £500 for the converter. So anyone you respond to from the advert may simply want your address to make an unannounced visit that takes less than 10 minutes to remove.

So, part time work at £1800 an hour.