What's new

What speaker setup is in the Accord?

nick 9-5

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer LPG
Haven't got the car yet so I can't investigate but I've got an install in my current car that I will be removing. The Accord has got the basic headunit, not the Sat Nav one. Don't suppose this has pre-outs in the back of it? What speakers do the Accords have in them aswell? I've got a set of 6x9's and some 6 1/2" Components that I would like to fit.

Thanks

Jav's your man for this. They definitely have 6x9's the rear of the saloon but unsure up front. He'll know though.

What are you getting a Sport, SE or Exec? And is it a saloon or tourer.. Exec has the amp and complete speaker setup with mids in front and rear doors, 2 ways in the front doors and seperate tweeters and 6x9's in the rear shelf just for bass. It's all Pioneer in the 7th gen. No BOSE option :lol:

Cheers Paul... Nick which model of the Accord have you bought? If its an EX then you have Pioneer Premium Sound System... the head unit does not have pre outs, I have the EX and installed a double din with just a subwoofer in the boot and it sounds awsome... will you have your car by the HH meet?

Which model of the Accord have you bought? Will you have your car by the HH meet?

I've edited my sig now, it's an SE :lol:

I should have mentioned that I've got amps to fit aswell hopefully

What's the HH meet?

we have a meet at Holdcroft Honda mate.. come along and check out people mods... if its an SE theres not much you can do apart from change all the speakers and fit in your amps then it should be good...

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/166-holdcroft-meet-2010/

check it out mate

I've checked it out. You are all meeting at a garage and having work done on your cars? I'm confused. I'm having the car delivered next Saturday morning so if I could make it, it would have to be late afternoon and it's not too far from me. TBH though the car was pretty dirty inside today and unless he's had it valeted before he drops it off next week I will be pretty embarrassed turning up in it.

Nick, the front speakers should be 5 inch/13cms, and 6x9s rear. Should you chose to replace the standard front speakers with the 6.5 inch ones, you would then have to use speaker spacers/adapters and simply replace the tweeters. There shoudn't be any need for spacers for the rear ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-Speaker-Adapters-Acura-TSX-04-09-Front-Rear-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483a7bbc37QQitemZ310218832951QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_1354wt_939 .

I have a single din aftermarket stereo with 6.5" front/6x9s rear, 2 amps, power cap, and a 12" subwoofer, and im happy with the sound quality. Before I had installed the aftermarket stereo, I ran the standard head unit with the two amps and sub through a factory sound sound system interface similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAC-OEM-1-Plug-n-Play-Replacing-Factory-Radio-Amp-/360311403906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e43bb582. It worked well, but in my view could not quite match the standard or quality of a good aftermarket head unit as in the install in my last car. Having said this, the Accords have good standard stereos anyway and some people only just upgrade the speakers with good results. Have a look at what others have done to their cars if you can attend the HH meet. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it coz im in far far away Cambs
sad.gif

Already replaced the 6x9's for a set of Kenwoods - made a subtle difference to the base quality. Any recommendations for some half decent 5" front speakers? Is it worth spending the extra and installing 6.5" and adapters? Can't see much point replacing the tweeters though.

Many thanks,
Gareth

I never replaced my tweeters, they sound really good