What's new

wheel alignment

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the front camber and toe are adjustable on the 2005 Accord I-ctdi
I hae phoned a couple of garages in my area and they (believe it or not) don't seem to agree on the answer.

regards

Hi Pepster

Thanks for your reply. So is the camber and toe on the front adjustable or is it like the rear camber (non adjustable)

Regards

Rear camber is definitely not adjustable although there is some movement in the toe if required.

So Guys

In answer to my question:

Can anyone tell me if the front camber and toe are adjustable on the 2005 Accord I-ctdi

I Don't need to know about the rear!!!

Regards

Of course the toe is adjustable.. but not sure on the camber.

rear camber is out 2.2 degrees, is that alot? Also found a garage with a hunter 600 are they the good un's, finally should i take cj posted allignments with me and get them to adjusg to that.?

Sal are you on lowered springs? If so, then the standard figures don't mean much, you need to get the installer to do it to the best of his ability.

Front camber is not adjustable on a stock car, but for the saloon you have a few options to acheive a bespoke geo set up. I suggest you do a search on the forum and check out the different kits available.

However your issues is being able to find a place that not only has a hunter type system but can do a bespoke set up and not just follow oem setup guides which is very important on modified suspension.

Your rear camber is a bit much but then again Im running neg camber not a million miles away and havent noticed excessive tyre wear yet. The important issue will be toe as that can really wear a tyre down quick and of course if your front camber is affected from the drop you could have handling consequences from that.

nah i'm running stock suspension on 18's...yea ...yea i know :lol:

It needs allignment as the car isn't feeling right at all, Will get it on that hunter with cj's figures?

Wont need CJ's figures the hunter system has all the OEM setups on its memory hence the green and red bits, if they are grey its because the operator hasnt selected the oem database setups.

I had mine done on a Hunter system and checked with Eibach regarding the settings. They told me to just get the garage to set it to the standard settings and no bespoke ones needed.

Yep it never ceases to amaze me how many places know very little about proper suspension geometry.

No ambition amongst the working population nor pride in doing a good job. People seem content with working just enough to get the beer money for the weekend, whilst the rest of us work our tadgers off so that we are not going to bleed to state dry in our dotage as well as paying for the work shy along the way.

*** rant over ***