What's new

wheels

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
8th gen wheels are normally et50 Rod but I believe et55 will clear the callipers so you should be ok. Just be mindful of tyre sizes as that’s a pretty wide rim, especially if you’ve lowered the car

bobfish45

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 estate
Thanks Fahad, the car isn't lowered, it's just that the wheels look to be a bargain pricewise, they're 19x8.5, bigger than I would normally consider so I would hope they don't spoil the ride too much.

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
I think it’s going to look really odd if you don’t lower it, and given you’ll need to go to a pretty low profile (I was running 35 profile on 19s) then you’ll definitely have to sacrifice ride quality.

stellamon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i-DTEC
I've got 18" wheels on with a 45 profile and I'm thinking of going back to 17" due to the ride being a bit harsh and the roads are **** around here.
Had an mot failure last time on a dented wheel rim, had to get it repaired at a cost of £50, didn't even recall hitting a hole that badly.

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):
  • Nearside Rear Road wheel distorted to the extent the tyre is likely to become detached (5.2.2 (c) (ii))

Last edited:

bobfish45

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 estate
Yes, I think I will pass on the 19's,aesthetically I'm happy on 18's with 45 profile tyres, though even they are less smooth than my originals. I bought the 19'' bolas on a whim because they were very inexpensive, but I have a young mate who's just bought an Impreza, he'll love 'em.