What's new

Which Bulb type - Front position light (passenger side)

thedooor

Members
Reaction score
Car
Getz
Hi

What type of bulb do I need buy. Want to buy it before I take fused one out.
Is it a 503, 504, bulb etc.?

Owners guide say 12V - 5W

Its the Front postion light on the passenger side.

Car is Accord saloon, petrol, facelift.

Oners guide says need to remove the wheel arch liner (prefer not to do this)
Can it be done from inside the bonnet?

Thanks

I did this at the weekend as one of my LED's was acting up. The bulb is a 501. Realistically, unless you have tiny hands and a lot of patience, you need to go through the wheel arch. This is not as scary as it sounds, it only takes 5 mins a side.

Just make sure you buy some replacement clips for the inner fender lining as they are single use items and will break when you remove them. Your local dealer will have buckets of them or the part number for the Lings website is 91501S04003. You need to take two clips out from either side, the lining then pulls down, the front section is tucked behind the front bumper so peel it out from there.

Finally, i am sure you'll do this but make sure you test it all before you put the bulb and lining back in place.You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance you'll get it the wrong way around first time.

Just had a quick look form inside the bonnet.
There seems to be 2 bits where the bulb might be, an upper part and a lower part.
Which one house the bulb the top bit or the bottom bit?

Is the bulb a HID or a standard one?
Would like to replace with same one that is in there at the moment.

Thanks

Ok.
I wasn't trying to take the bulb out out.

It was just a quick look to see where every thing was.

The side light is the upper most bulb, nearest the front wing, when you look through the arch it will be more obvious.

Regarding replacements, the type you have probably depends on the age of car and if you have Xenon headlights. Just buy a pair of LED bulbs or new 501 standard bulbs and replace both.

Managed to do the passenger side bulb from within the bonnet area.
Very tight access thou.
Needs about a 1/4 turn and the bulb and wire come out.

Check that lights are all working before putting back together.

If you can't get the hand in there, find a kid (make them earn their food....lol) and get the kid to do it.