What's new

Window Tints

gazbills

Members
Reaction score
Car
Black 2007 Sport GT
Guys, anybody had their Accord back windows tinted? Just got off the phone to a local company (Tintmaster) who do a fair few Civic's in Telford and they've quoted £150. Wanted to know if it suited the Accord and if anyones got any pics (preferably a black accord)

Tah very much,
Gaz

Come Gaz mate you know its simply the best accord saloon on here as well http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/32-fahads-accord/

Looks good IMO on Faddy mobile and £150 seems a fair price if work is upto scratch.

Very good point Andy. With all the mods on that beast I forgot that the windows had been done. :) £150 was only for the rear of the car but always cautious that the fuzz don't like tinted front windows. Back in the days a 'firiend' of mine had a Rover ZR which he got pulled for with tinted fronts.

They will look good mate and will help in summer with the leather too.... I need to get some tints too.... but still toying with options yet, may go for genuine blinds instead :)

This is probably the best angle to judge the tints. I have a beige interior which means you can go a bit darker without it looking too obvious.

Like any mod, it should always be subtle. I've never had a car tinted before but after a lot of thought I decided to go with this - I used a company local to me called Tint Werx Father and son operation and really nice and professional guys. I think I paid £160 after haggling which wasn't the cheapest in Bradford, but I didn't want the cheapest.

Zika is right, you need a single piece of film on the back which needs to be heat shrinked, and they had to do mine twice as the Accord is exceptionally awkward.

2 years later, still as good as new.

I went for 35% rear and 50% front so you can see the difference in shade and the front is very very light. No problems with the fuzz (yet).

DSC02169.jpg

Oh and thanks Monksy, I'll slip you that bag of fivers later :blush:

A friend of mine has fron tints. He just rolls the windows down when the fuzz are around. Gets a bit chilly in this kind of weather mind you.

Get it done, first thing I did on both my black 7th gen accords