What's new

Wipers

Phil

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord 2.4 Exec
I replaced my wipers with a new set of aero flat blades I got off an e-bay trader but one broke 4 months later. The guy doesn't seem to want to honour his 12 month guarantee so can anyone recommend an on-line shop with some quality blades?

Phil, although there's probably no info at the moment on this forum - this was a widely discussed topic on our old forum before we lost it all..

The consensus was that the only really good option was the original Honda blades - especially on the pre facelift cars like yours, the drivers side comes with a spoiler and it's there for a reason.

I think they're only around £15 for a pair from the dealers anyway so my advice would be to buy new from Honda.

Phil,

Over my years I have tried all sorts of wonderful blades that promise the earth but I would go to say on any of the cars i've had, genuine is always best, clear the screen beautifully.

Also invest in some rainaway or similar and team it up with genuine wipers.

Point taken. Thanks. I know the other site had loads on this, as did the one before that. So, am off to the dealer unless there are reputable on-line genuine Honda spares about at a lower cost...

Honda Happiness price is £25 for the pair. To be honest I wasn't that happy with the genuine ones I got. They have never been that quiet. My windscreens in a mess so can't comment on streaks etc. Then one day when I was driving home they got very noisey. Found out why when I got home - the blade in the drivers side had started to slip out. Honda garage sorted it but did have to barrow a wiper from my father-in-laws car for a day.

Agree with CJ on this its the same when the window gets ice on in the winter.It takes the edge off the blade and there nether the same again.As for wiper blades genuine Honda ones all the time my dealer charges £20.

Phil getting the facelift wiper arms and blades is also worth considering, the arms are a direct bolt on replacement. IMO the wipers are more effective than the pre facelift and they look smarter

IMG00043-20100619-1636.jpg

Dan did you replace both arms? you only need to do the drivers side... and Phil as said get genuine ones.... I only pay £15 for the pair from my local dealer... as for the 12 month gaurantee Phil get a PayPal claim on it and you will get your money back trust me.

yeah i replaced both as the passenger side had some paint damage..lazy i know but.. meh

I went for the own brand set on wiperblades.co.uk which are aero style and they work well, but I do have a facelift, so there may be a difference pre-facelift. they were 13.60 inc vat.

I totally disagree that Honda Wipers are either better or worth the extra money, IME ebay wipers have done me proud so far, IIRC I paid £8 inc postage. Ive been so impressed all the family has them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-ACCORD-03-08-AERO-FLAT-WIPER-BLADES-26-16-/200355917552?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea624aef0

I agree with CJ you have to clean your windscreen and have good washer fluid if you want your wipers to last.

That's the guy who wont honour the 12 month guarantee...

I bought the originals (£21 inc. VAT) but must admit the facelift ones look cool. The spare parts guy fitted for something to do. Got some Rain Away from Halfords on the way home. Contented now.

Monksy, I can only speak for the pre facelift cars and they have a different wiper arm, but I tried those Aero wipers and they did nothing but cause a horrible drag on the drivers side - all because they're not fitted with the spoiler..

Maybe the facelift arms are better and more tolerant to different aftermarket blades..

Damn another mod I need to do now.

Thanks a lot guys :wacko:

That's the guy who wont honour the 12 month guarantee...

I bought the originals (£21 inc. VAT) but must admit the facelift ones look cool. The spare parts guy fitted for something to do. Got some Rain Away from Halfords on the way home. Contented now.

Well I think I will retract my statement, looks like the pre facelift as Faddy says doesnt like non oem wipers for some reason. However with those ebay ones my thinking has always been if the lasted 6 months I would be happy as I always change my wipers every year regardless.

I've had flat blades for about a year now and had no problems with them they've done well and they were about £8 from e bay I even got a free magic tree air freshener with them. I also use a rain repellant I bought from costco it's great stuff goes on easily and last about 6 months. I hardly have to use my wipers at speed and the screen cleans nice and easily when I need to clean it. As said though you do need to keep your screen clean and use a good quality screenwash

Fahad the gen Honda ones for £15 is tha flat ones or standard type ?
Anyone know how much are the face lift arms are?

Luka - never heard of them, where can I get them?

Paul - those are normal OEM wipers from Honda that I'm referring to.

Mine is the facelift, but some cowboy has fitted a non genuine one (strange only one) on the drivers side and it looks awful... a trip to Honda for me at some point!

pre face lift guys, all you need is a drivers side wiper arm thats it, then you can buy genuine honda aero blades at the same cost and it will work just like a facelift car, I did this to my pre facelift and so has CJ...

lads,
I tryed Bosch,aero flat wipers but for me best ones are Genuine Honda vipers and they are not expencive