What's new

wobbaly seats

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys iv just noticed today that the passenger seat and head rest has an annoying wobble that you can hear when driving.
This only happens when the seat is empty and its the back part of the seat.
I looked at the drivers seat and that seems to have the same amount of play in the seat.
Has anyone else noticed this.

Guys iv just noticed today that the passenger seat and head rest has an annoying wobble that you can hear when driving.
This only happens when the seat is empty and its the back part of the seat.
I looked at the drivers seat and that seems to have the same amount of play in the seat.
Has anyone else noticed this.

Nope - cant say I've noticed (or experienced) this. Might just be a loose seat. Perhaps a trip to the dealer to tighten up any seat fixtures/bolts?

Cheers SAJ ill get it down the dealers to get it checked out and also get them to look at the noise when the air con is on.
It wont be for a couple of weeks though as im flat out :)

SAJ mate there is a thread of mine in 8th fault a wile ago.
I just haven't had time to get to the dealers yet.

Oh yeh, remember that thread now.

Just make sure you do get around to a dealer soon - I'm sure they'll be all too happy to sort out whatever issues you're having. Also, for whatever its worth - I checked my seats this morning prior to a quick errand and I didnt notice any play in either front seats or headrests. Not entirely comforting to you considering you have play in yours, but all the more reason to have it remedied under warranty :)

yep damm right if there is a problem that's what warrantys is for

yep damm right if there is a problem that's what warrantys is for
My passenger seat does this dependant on how far back someone has left it tilted back. If its quite up right its ok, but if in lazy boy position then yes mine also vibrates and the head rest too if extended.

The old VW jetta i had also did this so i dont think its a problem with the car...... but you never know.

James you could be right there as the wife is almost led out.

Ok guys iv pin pointed where the vibration is from :)
The wife always has her seat right back for max leg room.
So what i thought was the head rest its not.The noise is coming from the seatbelt hitch or the thing you plug into.
Its not directly coming from there but very close.If i move the seat back to a average leg room the noise is not there.
Its going into the dealers on Wednesday so ill let them no.

Flipping heck :lol: she's only a shorty! :p

Update guys got the car back from the dealers and they said they cant find anything wrong :rolleyes:
The air con noise they have referred this to Honda UK as its new to them.
The seat problem they need to have more time on it.
So its booked in for 3 days after my holiday and i will be getting the Jazz again for a courtesy car :rolleyes:
I no its silly things but the car is under warranty so im using it.If there was no warranty it wouldn't bother me ;)

No mate you have paid good money for a product it needs to be right.

Fingers crossed they'll sort it all out next time then mate.

No mate you have paid good money for a product it needs to be right.
The wife thinks im mad :rolleyes: but as you said you pay good money it should be perfect.
The trouble is im so participle in my cars as most members are here.This is why were all part of a forum i think.
A total passion for your cars :)

Got to agree with you Brett. If you don get it sorted once out of warranty it'll niggle you.