What's new

Would not start.....FUEL PUMP!

Insurgent

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 08 i-dtec EX
Hi, Just thought I would share my experience of when my Accord at 142K miles decided it would not start.

It would attempt to start but would fail and it was almost like something was strangling the last bit before it starts.

Called the RAC out and after spending almost an hour looking into the issue he concluded it was 'a fuel issue' and as no fault code was logged, he could not give me anymore information.

Anyway, had the car towed to my independent Garage and after some ****ysis, the Fuel pump was diagnosed as the cause.

Procured a used Fuel Pump from the breakers @ £150 and the Accord has sprang back into life....

It's now just ticked over to 144K.....

your car has probably been mis fueled at some point as these fuel pumps are good for well over 200k miles.

Its probably wise to get the fuel filter changed too

your car has probably been mis fueled at some point as these fuel pumps are good for well over 200k miles.
Or it is the wonders of supermarket fuel which doesn't have some important additives put into them. Which is why I only ever use Shell VPD "keeps the engine fit and strong" :D

Agreed with Adam, car must have been misfuelled at some point and internal seals perished as a result (remember diesel is a lubricant and petrol will have the opposite effect).

Car was never misfueled in my possession, if anything is true then I suspect it could be a result of supermarket fuels...

Also possible, but the point being some foreign substance has most likely caused its early demise.