What's new

Xtrons Double Din Install

Dips

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 iVtec
Part 1

Right guys, haven’t posted for a while so thought I’d do so now. I've been after a double din for ages and recently purchased and Xtrons TD717G which comes with Sat Nav. Suffian recently purchased one and I thought I’d get one too.

Now first and foremost I need to thank Shabz who did the majority of the install for me. Thanks bruv, you've been top dollar on this and without your help I doubt I’d be able to do it.

So first thing was to remove the cubby box under the stereo and replace with a fascia plate. Luckily Torrydog on the forum bought a complete kit from ashg but didn't actually need it so Torrydog got in touch and we purchased it from him. The picture to the kit can be located Here.

The kit then arrived and we also purchased a conversion harness and the following Xtrons was purchased direct from the website. TD717G

This system comes with some great features and the Sat Nav system is amazing.

So the first thing was to remove the gear surround and cubby box. The pic below shows this removed

photo15mp.jpg

The next stage was to remove the stereo and top panel. The pic below shows this:

photo2mg.jpg

Once that was done then the next stage was to remove the stereo, pic below:

photo16qb.jpg

Part 2

Once the stereo was removed I then began installing the brackets I received with the kit. Luckily this was a genuine kit so the only modification needed was making new hole in the mounting brackets to bring the stereo to sit flush with the Fascia.

Below is a pic of the stereo mounted with the fascia installed. We were just checking the gaps at this stage.

photo12nr.jpg

photo8wv.jpg

We then mounted the sat nav antenna and luckily shabz remembered that his antenna was mounted under the top panel so we found a place where it would not foul and installed it there. The pic below shows this

photo3izx.jpg

Powered the system up and made sure everything worked. Even managed to personalize the welcome screen with a Honda Logo

photo7mp.jpg

photo6oc.jpg

All installed and working correctly

photo5nzs.jpg

Overall the system works really well. I have even amped my rear speakers up so this works really good now as I previously used speaker output converted to get RCA outs. However this system comes with all that so no worries on that front.

Just waiting for my camera to arrive and that will be installed too.

The only real modifications needed was to the bracket to make the xtron sit nicely. Also the original stereo needed a little wiring modification as the harness supplied did not send a feed back to the original stereo. Shabz did some soldering etc and all is well now. No modification was done to the original harness, this soldering was done to the new harness. I think suffian mentioned the display stopped working on his but the climate buttons worked. The harness itself was a Parrot interface harness for this car.

Will review the system in a few weeks but so far so good.

I'd recommend buying direct from Xtrons as you get a 2 year warranty. EBay kits only seemed to have 1 year warranties.

Oh yes thanks Shabz for all your help on this, honestly I couldn't do it without you

Comments welcome guys

No worries Dips mate, glad I could help.
The system looks amazing and the fit is great. The fascia surround is genuine and the kit contained all the correct brackets so it was just a case of modifying the brackets that go onto the stereo so it fits as flush as it can.
Also the parrot harness does not feedback to the main deck to the lights and display did not work although the climate buttons did but you just didn't have a clue on what was on.
The amp'd rear speakers sound great too and the bass is very nice indeed.
Looks like i'll be busy next week putting in a camera lol. Really enjoyed it though.

Anyone thinking about installing a double din then just PM and I can try and help. Also if your local I can pop down and maybe give you hand. Offer is for everyone on the forum.

Greatwork guys and special mention to Shabz for his offer to help others out :)

WELL DONE GUYS :) THATS LOOKS SUPER COOL AND VERY CLEAN,WELL IMPRESSED,NICE WORK,i take it shabz bro that you piggybacked another harness onto the iso to go back to the oem system?.also where did you guys place the antena for the tv,im thinking about wiring it and mounting on the rear window.good work though guys.well impressed.

WELL DONE GUYS :) THATS LOOKS SUPER COOL AND VERY CLEAN,WELL IMPRESSED,NICE WORK,i take it shabz bro that you piggybacked another harness onto the iso to go back to the oem system?.also where did you guys place the antena for the tv,im thinking about wiring it and mounting on the rear window.good work though guys.well impressed.

Alright mate, thanks for the comments.

In terms of getting a feed back I just cut into the new harness slightly and soldered the wires needed. I only did the power, ground and illuminate wire. The speaker wires I did not bother with as the original stereo will not be turned on anymore.

Haven't installed a TV antenna yet as Dip's didn't order one at this stage. Was just thinking of doing it to the same place like you. In terms of the fascia height wise it was perfect, width wise it was slightly bigger but going to maybe build a blanking plate on each side to take up the gap. TBH the surround on the deck hides it well

Very impressed lads! Thumbs up and pointage to both of you.

Thanks Monks for your comments, happy to help anyone out really, keeps me busy lol

Dan thanks for the points mate, really appreciate it

Great work dips and shabz and a brill right up rep point for both i think ;)

bling bling dips B)

No worries Dips mate, glad I could help.
The system looks amazing and the fit is great. The fascia surround is genuine and the kit contained all the correct brackets so it was just a case of modifying the brackets that go onto the stereo so it fits as flush as it can.
Also the parrot harness does not feedback to the main deck to the lights and display did not work although the climate buttons did but you just didn't have a clue on what was on.
The amp'd rear speakers sound great too and the bass is very nice indeed.
Looks like i'll be busy next week putting in a camera lol. Really enjoyed it though.

Anyone thinking about installing a double din then just PM and I can try and help. Also if your local I can pop down and maybe give you hand. Offer is for everyone on the forum.
Hi Shabz, i'm looking at doing the same install on a acoord 2.0 EX, you reckon i could use Autoleads SOT-047 harness..... (http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/honda/autoleads-sot-047-honda-accord-executive-parrot-bluetooth-sot-lead-t-harness-adaptor-2160853-405874-.php )

....on the back of the oem wiring loom to provide power and speakers to same xtrons? This harness loops back to the oem, you reckon it can allow display on the oem for climate controls?

Cheers
Kal

Kal if your's has the premium system which I think it will have then that harness will work. However you will have the same issue we had in the sense that the wiring will not loop back. These are designed to go through a parrot system which creates one big loop.

If you look at the two black connectors you will see one is male and one is female. If you plug the two into each other then your original stereo will work. However the male side of things will go to your xtron whilst the female plug will sit redundant. This is where I took the feed from the male connector and soldered the wires to the female connector. You will understand when you plug everything in and notice that the female connector is sitting doing nothing.

I'm gutted I didn't take any pics but I will be taking the whole lot apart again when the camera arrives so will take pics of the harness and what I have done to make it come back to the oem deck.

The only thing that loops back is the steering controls I think but these are not part of an iso connector anyway.

I'm ***uming yours is a non sat nav version with a premium sound system right?

very nice works guys! I will be checking this mod out soon! more & more members now going for the Double DIN! the way forward! :)

Jav - Double din seems a very good option when you don't have the factory Sat Nav. The sound quality on this deck seems good too even if the rear the shelf speakers have been updated and amped.

CJ - thanks for the comments mate. Really enjoyed this install. The Honda screen looks really good too.

Paul_the_bobby - Thanks for your comments mate.

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this thread, never actually knew it would earn us points too which is a massive bonus.

Kal if your's has the premium system which I think it will have then that harness will work. However you will have the same issue we had in the sense that the wiring will not loop back. These are designed to go through a parrot system which creates one big loop.

If you look at the two black connectors you will see one is male and one is female. If you plug the two into each other then your original stereo will work. However the male side of things will go to your xtron whilst the female plug will sit redundant. This is where I took the feed from the male connector and soldered the wires to the female connector. You will understand when you plug everything in and notice that the female connector is sitting doing nothing.

I'm gutted I didn't take any pics but I will be taking the whole lot apart again when the camera arrives so will take pics of the harness and what I have done to make it come back to the oem deck.

The only thing that loops back is the steering controls I think but these are not part of an iso connector anyway.

I'm ***uming yours is a non sat nav version with a premium sound system right?
Shabz, yes its the premium sound system without satnav.

I'll be honest i'm a bit cluless when it comes to wiring, but i wanna have a go as i'm impressed with the double din installs i've seen on the Accord here, usa and oz forums. I'll look forward to seeing updated pics of the harness on the install you've done here.

Does the sot-047 connect into the AMP or the back of the oem for premium system?

Cheers
Kal

Hi guys will this install also work for the Executive models as I want to replace it with a better Sat Nav.

Dips

First of all well done on this mod......looks fantastic!!!

Can you kindly elaborate as to how you managed to removed the top plastic cover around the a/c vents. I need to replace the light inside the hazards switch and I am also considering changing the backlights of all the buttons around the stereo, heated seats etc from orange to white leds (if that is at all possible).

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!!

hey bud,when i done this mod,alli had to do was lift it up slightly at the front,then the plastic cover slides forward.

Looks very cool indeed, have the xtrons double din in my MR2, very cool for the price, didn't know you could even do this in the Accord, something for the future. cheers for sharing...

Hi new here, what's stopping it working in diesel models? Surly all the wires are same? It's not like the radio connects to the engine so how come the a\c has problems on diesel cars?

I have an accord 06 diesel sport tourer

don't quote me on this but iirc it has to do with the reverse valve/heat pump function of the ac that ***ists the engine to reach operating temperature below 5 deg celcius

someone mid to late last year linked to a post on an italian accord forum where one specific unit worked with dual zone/diesel ac, I've looked for 20 minutes now but can't for the life of me find the thread

edit: found it, courtesy of @smirky and it's spanish, not italian. it outlines the issue quite well, but it's 56 pages of reading material so good luck :p

Last edited:
don't quote me on this but iirc it has to do with the reverse valve/heat pump function of the ac that ***ists the engine to reach operating temperature below 5 deg celcius

someone mid to late last year linked to a post on an italian accord forum where one specific unit worked with dual zone/diesel ac, I've looked for 20 minutes now but can't for the life of me find the thread

edit: found it, courtesy of @smirky and it's spanish, not italian. it outlines the issue quite well, but it's 56 pages of reading material so good luck :p
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look. Just bought my accord diesel an would've liked to upgrade the stereo with one of the fancy looking screens but every one I've seen on Amazon an eBay all say that they don't work with diesel engine an it was confusing my why. Again many thanks

Here is my setup on my Accord diesel:

Android HU + Stock radio + Keenwood Double din radio + Focal fds 1.350 + Focal fds 4.350.

It took me months to find the right connexions beetween the 3 radios to make them work without any electrical issue such as ground loop.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-02-24 140216.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-24 140216.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited: