What's new

your thoughts please

millar

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2.4 ex
ok so time is running out and I need to get myself a car to replace my smashed one before the hire car has to be returned, id love to stay with a Honda and also love to stay with 2.4ex so I have the chance to purchase a 10 plate EX auto as cannot find a manual, with full Honda dealer service history a full mot, a service and three months warranty no body work issues I can see seems very straight with no dents etc they've checked the sunroof and said its perfect as I forgot to check when I was there, had test drive all seemed good the only thing is price which I think is all its money at 7000 , if I don't buy this I really don't know what other make of car to go for , your thoughts on all of this would be appreciated thanks

Not sure on values I’m afraid but can’t fault the car, they’re lovely.

yeah I thought it was about all its money but it is in brilliant condition not even one car park dent, one owner, full Honda service history a years mot and 3months warranty interior is unmarked , I did see an 11 plate on auto trader for about 8.5k

For a 7k budget I'd like a BMW/Audi /Skoda/Volvo at least. I bought a Honda Accord Estate 2.2 IDTec ES GT 2010 this year for £3k.
Not as good a spec as ex but ok.

To be fair I haven't owned a BMW yet (next on z list) or a Skoda but I've had an Audi S4 avant 4.2 V8, a Volvo V70 T5 and a Volvo V70R.
I've also owned various VW Passat estate cars among a few others.

My favourite was the Audi of course, followed closely by the Volvos which are very comfy, powerful and reliable and mile munchers.