What's new

05 Accord CTDI Limp mode with 4 fault codes

GAZB

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD CTDI
My brothers 05 Accord 2.2 CTDI went into limp mode earlier on and has brought up 5 faults on the OBD reader , the fault codes are :

P16A4
P0087
P1065
P2008
Intake manifold control runner stuck open

We changed the fuel filter last week with a Genuine Honda Bosch filter and its been okay for a few hundred miles , the car accelerates but when you put your foot to the floor and it goes between 2.5 - 3k revs it cuts out and goes into limp mode and the glow plug light flashes on and off in which you have to stop and turn the ignition back on and off for it to start up again , could this be air in the fuel filter or is it something g else with the other codes its brought up.

I had those codes - turned out to pipes on the turbo that were causing the limp mode - one to the actuator wasn't on properly.

Doubt it could be the same but the chance is there.

If it didn't do this before the filter change then I'd say the filter change wasn't done right. Check all the pipework, drain and refill the filter and prime it properly, then bleed it and do it again for good measure.

Oh and P1065 and P2004 (IMRC stuck open) together normally mean sticking EGR valve. EGR OFF time ;)

I'd sort your fuel filter first and then see what errors are left mate.

I had those codes - turned out to pipes on the turbo that were causing the limp mode - one to the actuator wasn't on properly.

Doubt it could be the same but the chance is there.
Thats a common problem. My bro had it happen to his turbo D Seat, a small pin ***** hole in the pipe was making his cut out in to limp mode. He swapped the pipe and never had problems since. ( well he still owns a torledo so I guess thats a big problem!) :lol: