08 Accord - HFT password reset?

turtle77

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi,
this is my first post.
I just bought a 08 Honda Accord; with an inbuilt Honda Handsfree Car Kit.
There's a password on it; I bought it via an auction, so I don't what the password is.

Does anyone know if this can be over-written? Or do I need to go to a dealer

I only bought the car yesterday, and then found this forum.

Thanks for your help

welcome fella im not sure about this but im sure someone here will have a fix.

just an idea is there anyway of tracking down the previous owner if so he or she might have the password.once you have the password you can reset the system.

I don't think so Brett.
The previous owner is down as HFE in Chester, which seems to be Honda Finance Europe. It was obviously leased, but I have no record of the owner's name etc
I contacted the garage in Northampton where it was originally purchased & where all the servicing was conducted, but they didn't know the code.
They suggetsed using 0000; so I'll try that this evening

ok best of luck ill have a search for some info on this later when i get home.

Hi Colin,

I may be completely wrong, but my understanding is that the pass code is individual to each phone that is paired!

You may find that if you pair your phone, it will ask you to enter the code that you want to use and this is what you enter into the phone on pairing....

Just a thought but may well be worth trying.

HTH, Luke

I remember now.CJ is the password just for making calls and to find stored numbers.

for added security .. wife may not want husband calling on her profile vice-versa.

its daft as it can be erased as mentioned above.
True all those numbers CJ in your little black book :lol:

naah my car is for me only ,she got her own tourer she can drive it, if I have had a drink ..;)
Same here but the other half has a crappy cilo :D .She is trading it in a couple of months and going to get a new KIA .A jazz is out of the price range unfortunately :(

ppsstt... Shall we tell Colin about the HFT's propensity for shouting at you in German for no reason? ;)

ppsstt... Shall we tell Colin about the HFT's propensity for shouting at you in German for no reason? ;)
:lol: Its a good job the wife can speak the lingo :D

Pepster, Brett & Dan!
Thanks for that. I only read this just now.
I'll try the reset option.
I just hope it works; I'm too sensitive to handle being growled at in German!

By the way, my car is a 57 reg SE CDti. I only have it 48 hours; but I love it.

Hi Luke,
I don't even get a chance to pair my phone, so it's not the phone code.
But yes, I know what you mean.
Thanks for the reply

'Setup' didn't work anyway.I nipped out at lunch time.
It can read my commands anyway; when I enter a 4 digit code it reads it back, saying the code is incorrect.

It says i have 4 options; enter a code, cancel, Go Back or Handsfree Help.
But Handsfree help just repeats the above 4 options.

I tried 'Setup' quite a few times; changing my voice, saying it slowly, quickly, clearly etc.
No luck

I seem to remember on mine the first command is 'system' to enter the 'setup' or 'clear' functions. The other function though that might be of more help is 'security' from there i think you can reset and enter a new password.

From page 329 of the manual:

If you forget your password and you cannot activate the HFT system, consult your dealer to cancel the password.

Sounds to me like you either need to pull the battery or that there is a master password that only Honda knows.

im sure Dan even pulling the battery don't work the unit stores all this info.so it may be a case of dealers like Dan said.

Worth trying what Ed has suggested, I seem to remember when I have had trouble with mine, there were different sub menu's

Thanks for the replies everyone.

'System' & 'Security' didn't work anyway.

I didn't try unplugging the battery; but I was told this was not going to resolve it.

I saw the advice on the manual; I rang a dealer yesterday but they didn't know.
Saying that, they may be cheesed off at me for importing the car from the UK rather than paying 4000euro extra to buy off them!!

If it is any consolation then, the HFT isn't that good.

I've just had exactly the same problem with mine (bought recently from an auction too), and i was about to take a trip to the dealers but then i tried '0000' and it worked! Now i could have just been lucky in guessing the code, but i would say it's worth a try in yours in you haven't already?

ed

I've just had exactly the same problem with mine (bought recently from an auction too), and i was about to take a trip to the dealers but then i tried '0000' and it worked! Now i could have just been lucky in guessing the code, but i would say it's worth a try in yours in you haven't already?

ed

When you say you tried '0000' - do you actually just say it. I've been trying to figure mine out, bought last weekend and like posts here, when I press the button it beeps then asks me for the security code. I tried saying "0000", but after numerous times of it repeating some random number then says it's not right, I started swearing at it - which didn't help much but made me feel better.

I think I'll just call the dealer... Or not, I'd probably use it once and then never bother again. I guess there's a certain principal involved, even if I wont use it I'd like to think I can if I wanted to.

yeah i literally just said 'zero, zero, zero, zero', but i seem to remember that when i first tried i got no response at all from the not so helpful lady, but then i think i pressed the button again after she asked for the code, waited for the beep, then said the numbers, and then that worked. Does that make any sense?
Oh, and i wasn't sure if i would ever use it but had a similar mindset to you, and i am glad i persisted cos it's actually quite good and might stop me from picking up points on my license cos i am always on the phone whilst driving.

Thanks, makes sense. I was getting confused by the timing of it. Push the button, it beeps, then asks for the security code. So I was saying 0000, it'd then do nothing so I pressed the button again and it spoke out some random number, then said it was the wrong number.

I'll give it another bash as see how it goes.

Cheers!

Well my password isn't '0000'.

Still Ed, your tips worked I can now get it to recognise what I am saying rather then blurt out random numbers.

She (it) actually apologised to me, "I'm sorry". I replied with, "you will be!" ;)