What's new

1997 Honda accord Radio CD Player (Pioneer) and Cigarette lighter not working

Alex.R

Reaction score
Car
1997 Honda accord
Hello there!

I am abit upset to be writing here because it means I've had a bad time trying to fix my accord and now I am here.

When I brought this the guy said the radio didn't work, now I also found out the cigarette lighter doesn't either.

After some looking around I found it should be "Fuse 36" a 15 amp under the hood that controls those two, but there are only 2 15 amps and they are both fine, I was wondering if they are misplaced but I have no idea as the fusebox diagram everyone is using looks nothing like mine, plus mine is french for some reason and the two 15 amps have nothing to do with the radio (Interior lighting, and condenser) So I am kind of lost to what to do and the last thing I would want to do is take the dash out.

my dad has now swapped all the fuses into different holes to test so things are all over the place, the radio has no life at all, I snap it in and it's just blank, with the ignition on or even the car on.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 4.47.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 4.47.28 PM.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 0
Edit: There was a 15 AMP Under the drivers side inside that was blown, replacing that fixed it and now the lighter and radio works.
but the aerial doesn't raise, any ideas on that?
that fuse should be the radio and radio antenna, but nothing on that

I think I found why the antenna doesn't work haha!
Should I just get a whole new motor?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 5.18.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 5.18.28 PM.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 0