What's new

1999 HONDA ACCORD TYPE-R getting 250+ BHP?

You don't really need to go chasing top end bhp figures you'll find you get a lit better gains mid range which IMO is where it's needed, I borrowed an accord with cams and a 4.64 fd and a few other little Tweens and its like night and day to driving a standard one.

If you want straight line acceleration get a 5.1fd with prelude 5th, that will put a smile on ya face

Im not really bothered about peak power,compared to my previous dyno ive gained a minimum of 10ftlb across the rev range and in places similar bhp gains mid range.
Id love to do an fd mod,have spoken to Andy about the 5.1 before,id sabed for a set of itbs and ecu but now looks like ill be on ssp for up to 5 months due to a knee operation.
Had the chance to test my car the other night though...i have a friend with an ep3,before i had my manifold and vafc2 fitted(199bhp peak and less torques,and standard vtec crossover) we did som rolling stsrts from 70mph(on a private test track;-)) 3rd gear initial pull was slightly slower in my ATR amd as soon as i changed to 4th it was like i dropped an anchor out of the boot,and hed just pull away.

Now up to the specs in the above graph,with vtec crossover now at 5100rpm instead of 5800rpm there is no difference between our cars,and as we approach high end of 5th i'm quicker...its nice to see the gains in real terms not just on a graph.

Have a read of this thread, this is a H22A prelude running serious power. Might have to sign up to read it, but worth doing.

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profiles/dinos-bb1-2-2-si-vtec-t891.html

H22 needs a bit of work to get 250bhp, not as easy as getting 250 out of a K20 Civic Type R.

I know that lude well!! :)

there was a guy on forums a year or so trying for 200mph from a Turbo'd atr, epic build but I cant find it at the minute?

there was a guy on forums a year or so trying for 200mph from a Turbo'd atr, epic build but I cant find it at the minute?

I remember seeing that on PistonHeads, can't recall the outcome but it a very impressive build. He was aiming for or maybe even got something like 500BHP! Standing starts should have been interesting.

I remember seeing that on PistonHeads, can't recall the outcome but it a very impressive build. He was aiming for or maybe even got something like 500BHP! Standing starts should have been interesting.

Jay couldn't do 1st gear launches but did manage 180 i think, check it out on youtube if its still there.

I got plenty of examples i can give you just in a 4th gen accord. Can give details if required.

231whp 180wtq H22a N/A

432whp 312wtq H22a Turbo

Sure there is quicker out there, but these have been build with a sensible budget.

On the road I never get to take advantage of the performance of my car.

But if I want to fly up slip roads etc, I'll take the scoob. I can now honestly say I don't want anymore power from my ATR.

Just a laugh on the twisties and 2nd and 3rd gear vtec are more than enough.