What's new

2.0 Tourer Exhaust

feryyjam

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2003 2.0
Has anyone been able to find an alternative to OEM exhaust for a 2003 Tourer as Hondas £450 seem a bit steep.

A bit steep? At least they should supply the KY!

Does anyone know though as I'm in need of one aswell and I'm not spending £450 on an exhaust!

Have a look hear ;)
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/95-review-dual-exit-exhaust-system-for-the-accord-i-ctdi/
Its custom made so the choices are yours.

hmmm they put the price up by about 300% about a year ago, I was lucky that I had bought mine from a dealer at the old price a few months before the price went up. I think the problem is that they have to come to order all the way from Japan, and the Yen and the Fukushima event also affected price.

I'm in a 2.4 and have been quoted £400 for a cat back 2.5" stainless steel. The 2.4's a twin exhaust, but he said, if it were a single exhaust he could probably do it for around the £275 mark. So find yourself a decent local custom exhaust place, get it up on a ramp so they can have a look and get a quote. Took my guy less than 5 minutes to give me a quote and I'll definitely be taking him up on it later in the year (especially when I saw some of the other cars he was working on :wub: ).

I'm not going to have the car for anywhere near the life of a new exhaust so I may go down the 'bodge it' route and see if it lasts.