What's new

2.2 iDTEC feels a little flat

Hondacivicnut

Members
Reaction score
Car
Civic 2.2 iCTDi
As the ***le says really. I've got a 2.2 iDTEC Civic, (yes I know it's not an Accord). Obviously the motors are the same as the Accord.

I previously had a 2.2 iCTDi Civic until swapping to this. Whilst the iDTEC is smooth, it really does feel a little flat when compared to the iCTDi. Have any of you guys noticed this when swapping from the previous generation 2.2?

It seems to drive ok but it doesn't feel like the torque of my old 2.2. As though it's lacking a bit of shove.

I've had the HDS connected to it and the readings from the DPF seem good so I'm not thinking it's a restricted exhaust. I just feel a bit disappointed with it.

Yep the idtec is a different engine entirely and has a different torque profile and characteristic. A decent stage 1 really unleashes their potential though.

Yes I need to come and see you to get this sorted. I might have to hang around while you and your guys sort it. I'm really not gelling with it at the moment. I also think it has the infamous cracked EGR pipe as I keep getting a whiff of diesel exhaust fumes occasionally while driving in town traffic.

Get the fuel filter changed. They are a PITA and easy to 'overlook' on a service.