What's new

2.4 Type S or EX GT?

The type S is now the Diesel.
The EX 2.4 do come in a GT kit spec

Type S is now diesel only? So the Type S, the sports model of the range, only comes in a diesel and not the top of the range 2.4 petrol?

Tut tut Honda

Also, is the 2.4 ES GT & EX GT the same engine and exterior wise, just different internal specs?

The 2.4 only comes in the EX spec but you can have the GT which is basically the body kit.
I have fitted all GT kit on my car over time exect the rear bumper

Yeah the type S is only really a badge these days.
Have a look on the Honda website all the specs are there.
Mainland Europe gets a 2.4 petrol type S, just not us in our diesel obsessed land....

So many diesel haters while its no rocket ship the diesel type s might suprise a few mid range ... Accelerating from 40 -70 , anyways hasnt the type s always been nothing more than a body kit and alloy pedals and gear knob ?

The Facelift 7th Gen 2.4 Type S (that I currently own) is the most 'proper' Type S I would say. Different bodywork and suspension to the Exec model

So in terms of petrol engines there is the 2.0L ES & ES GT? or the 2.0/2.4 EX & EX GT? But the 'GT' part is basically a mild bodykit?

Yep , as well as alloy pedals , half leather seats , alloy and leather gear knob and red dial illumination

The gt is the body kit and only comes with diesel. If you want petrol you'll have to get an ex and add either fit the accessory sports kit or GT kit.

The Ex comes with sunroofs that rust so I'd research into that before deciding on petrol. I'm not sure if all Ex cars came with a sunroof though. I'm sure I read of a member repairing it him self so it can't be that hard.