What's new

2004 ctdi front fog light bulb.......

Jon the stock fogs on pre facelift are small and round.
The faclift fogs are oval in shape hence the differant lamps.
I would say Brian's fogs has been modded to the facelift.
Or he has a very late pre facelift.
As far as I'm aware there is no difference between petrol or diesel

the diesel fogs are smaller as on the near side there is a vent for the intercooler. If the oval lights were fitted the intercooler wouldn't get the air flow required.

Let's hope I can get my £28 back.....

...is that what Brian charged for helping you? :D

Thanks for explaining the difference... kind of suggests that the foglights on diesels are somewhat compromised, meaning that petrol owners get to see better in the fog!

I tend to disagree as iv seen petrol pre facelift models with the small round fogs.
Or I might have been pi ssd lol

Jon the stock fogs on pre facelift are small and round.
The faclift fogs are oval in shape hence the differant lamps.
I would say Brian's fogs has been modded to the facelift.
Or he has a very late pre facelift.
As far as I'm aware there is no difference between petrol or diesel
My car is a 54 plate, but the VIN code says it was actually built in 2003. I bought the car in Jnuary 2006, it had previously been registered to a manager at Honda Slough. I thought all the 7th gen Accords had oval foglights, so I'm mystified too.

II'll get a pic later but on the nearside corner behind the bumper sits the intercooler on the diesel. Within the fog light housing is an air vent to aid with cooling of the intercooler hence the smaller light to accommodate the vent. on the offside the vent is banked off as all that's behind is the washer bottle.

as the petrol version doesn't need the extra cooling it is fitted with larger fog lights which actually look better tbh. I guarantee you won't see an early diesel with oval fogs.......

pre lift diesels have small round fogs and pre lift petrol have the oval fogs.

i think the facelift versions both had oval fogs

Just done some research guys and i was 50% correct and 50% wrong :unsure:

All facelift Accords fitted with fogs come with the oval shape fogs as standard.All petrol pre facelift come with the same oval fogs but the Diesel car has the small round ones.
You learn something new every day :rolleyes:

Brett you need to learn something new today as i said that yesterday....... :p

so does anyone want to buy a set of Philips H11 bulbs? warning they only fit on petrol accords or facelift diesels :huh:

;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: