What's new

55-60 Shake/Wobble

Jon2.2

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord i-ctdi
I thought i would start a topic to let others know as it has been a common fault on here.

I had the dreaded wobble between 55-60, i balanced, 4 point aligned and 4 new tyres and still the wobble remained, but instead of 55-60mph wobble i got a 30mph wobble when accelerating but today i changed the PASSENGER side complete driveshaft and im happy to say the wobble/shake has completely gone!

I hope this helps others

Ps my car has covered 112k, started to get the wobble around 105k

Did you use a non genuine shaft? Also did you replace inner and outer cv joints and where they genuine ones?

I thought i would start a topic to let others know as it has been a common fault on here.

I had the dreaded wobble between 55-60, i balanced, 4 point aligned and 4 new tyres and still the wobble remained, but instead of 55-60mph wobble i got a 30mph wobble when accelerating but today i changed the PASSENGER side complete driveshaft and im happy to say the wobble/shake has completely gone!

I hope this helps others

Ps my car has covered 112k, started to get the wobble around 105k

Glad its sorted mate but as Dave said was it all OEM

It was a brand new o/e complete driveshaft mate, got it from ebay and comes with a 3 year guarantee. Good price

Glad you got it sorted, as I started to read your post I thought driveshaft, as we've just had the same problem ourselves.

At least you managed a brandnew shaft, the garage we bought our car from just exchanged a bit of the shaft for a secondhand one! Won't be buying a car from there again. Cured the problem though, for now. There's nothing worse than the shakes the driveshaft can cause, especially if you are excellerating fast around something, feels like the cars shaking to bits lol.