What's new

7th gen Accord rear bumper removal

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
Guys, I need to know how to remove the rear bumper on the Accord saloon but there is no DIY on this yet.

If someone could either drop a quick description in here, or if you have the time, please add a decent How To in the reviews section.

Cheers ;)

Thats pretty much spot on plus there is some clips underneath the bumper. Other than that you have to unclip from the sides etc.

Think theres a bolt each in the arches plus the two bolts where you have to remove caps first to access them as decribed in the video.

And why does Mr Faddy need to remove his bumper ;)

To fit my new Sports Pack rear apron when I get it ;)

Thanks fellas, this is good enough to go in the DIY section... Moved :)

I still have the pdf from the old site with photos etc of the removal. Can't upload it from work (also can't watch movies) but the steps in the guide are as follows:

1. Open boot and remove caps and then bolts from near the light cluster
2. If you've mud flaps, remove these to expose other screws.
3. There are 3 screws along the wheelarch, one at the top, one lower down and the other underneath. Remove these.
4. There are some plastic clips underneath the bumper in the middle holding the bumper and a plastic undertray together. Remove these clips.
5. Starting at the wheel arches, pop the bumper out and go all the way round and then lift the bumper away from the car.

Replacement is obviously the reverse of this but just watch that you get the plastic undertray up and clipped in before clipping the bumper back in place.

Mine came off by itself on the M58, lol. Of course, that was after I'd reversed into a low post.

An extreme way of doing the job, but no less valid :)

Mine has the support rails just like in the vieo above. They go at each side, but I have no idea where they need to clip in as they do not fit anywhere The video is no help as well. Anyone got any idea?