What's new

A few questions about servicing

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
Hi al,

I have a 2007 facelift cdti Accord manual 6spd. Its currently on 60000 miles and it had a 'service' at 53000 miles by the last car sales place.

I have been unable to confirm from the car sales place what the last service consisted of... probably just an oil change knowing some dealers!

The service light has not come on but the service book shows various services from 52000 miles onwards and some are close together such as another service at 57000 and 62000 miles....

My questions are...

1. Should I wait until the service indicator comes on before i do another service?
2. Can I check the service indicator to see how many miles are left until the next service?
3. At this mileage do I need to have the transmission fluid changed?
4. Is it worth having clutch, brake and pas fluid changed when i have it serviced?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

I didn't realise the facelift had a service indicator. (I'm pre-facelift)

My two penneth: You've had 7K on your 'free' oil so I'd change it again (for the right grade) so you know what you've got (I, as many others, change every 6K in spite of the recommended 12K).

I don't know what the garage fees would be or you abilities with the spanners, but all those jobs are relatively simple and inexpensive DIY tasks (many have step by step guides on here if you search them out). I'd change all the fluids including the engine coolant. You can draw a line under its history then, you know what you've got in and change it again when you or the book says you need to.

Thanks for the reply matt.

When i say service indicator i meant a light on the dash (spanner symbol etc)

I think a full service will be a good choice so i know its all definately been done.

Just need to know if a manual gearbox oil change at 60k is necessary.
Thanks again

You don't have a service light so you will be waiting a long time for it to come on.
Gearbox oil change is due every 75k miles, you need to use Honda MTF 3 and it makes the change nice and smooth again though it is relatively easy to do.

If you intend on keeping the car I would give it a thorough service using the correct oil grade so you have a baseline that you know the car is at.

1. Should I wait until the service indicator comes on before i do another service?
2. Can I check the service indicator to see how many miles are left until the next service?
3. At this mileage do I need to have the transmission fluid changed?
4. Is it worth having clutch, brake and pas fluid changed when i have it serviced?

1. There isn't one.
3. Recommended around 75K, but worth doing now.
4. If clutch is playing up, then of course; is there an issue? Brake fluid can be changed, but it is usually done when pads and discs are changed.

The most important is to change the oil to the correct grade and change the fuel filter so you are satisfied. Other than that enjoy the car.

what's the light with the spanner symbol for ?
there isn't a spanner symbol light on my car .....possibly because mine is petrol ?