What's new

ABS

cstew

Members
Reaction score
Car
02 Accord VTEC Sport
Just a quick question, how aggressive is the ABS on the 6th gen accords? I was doing a brake test last week to make sure things were ship shape, braking hard from 60 down to 30 and there was definite lock up, but I could still feel the feedback through the pedal. The ABS light does not stay on and there are no errors reporting through the OBD but it just seems odd that there would be any lockup at all.

Even with abs there has to be some degree of the wheels locking up.

The computer system detects the split second that the wheels stop turning and then releases the brakes for a split second so they start turning again, then it reapplies the brakes again until they lock and rinse and repeat until you stop for good.

In non abs cars it is known as cadence braking, all abs does is do the sequence multiple times a second, a lot quicker than a human can do it.

^^^What he said B)

It just seemed to lock up a lot more than I thought it would, and more than my previous car with ABS.

My ATR has never locked up on me...even when that d!ck of an old man pulled out on me when i was in a 40 limit and caused me to stop about 5mm from his front wing.