What's new

Accelerator won't work multiple engine faults

manparis

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Driving home from work the other day and car suddenly wouldn't accelerate. Got stuck at about 1100 revs. Foot pedal did nothing and engine light on. Nursed it home and left it for an hour then started again and all us fine . Did it again today though. Fault codes are p1042 p1043 p1248 p16A4 And p2138. All are powetrain faults except the last one which is throttle pedal position sensor switch DE voltage correlation . ANY ideas people?? .

In my experience, at least one of those codes was due to fuel injection problems.
Traced at last by Jon G down to a fuel actuator solenoid that was jamming and not allowing enough fuel through.
Puts the car in limp mode, sometimes goes away, but when it returns you're in trouble.
Replaced the solenoid from raynor diesels bosch part from berkshire for about £90

If the TPS is faulty and the ECU detected it, the limp mode for it is blocked accelerator sensor and the engine runs on 1500 rpm ( it does not matter up or down hill ) it just adds or removes the power needed so you can still drive the car "normaly".
At least this is on the facelift model( i know it because i experienced it ), for the pre facelift i think that should be the same.

Sounds like a faulty accelerator pedal position sensor, quite common on these cars