What's new

Accord 18" tyes

Richard63

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S 180
Just collected my 2012 S type yesterday and I have been looking at the tyres as something that will need replacing in the medium term. According to Honda I need 235/40 R18 98 W tyres. I cannot find any of these anywhere as they seem to all have 95 load ratings. What is the significance of using 95 rated tyres? Would it invalidate insurance in the event of an accident for instance?

Richard i believe you need 235/45/18 on the type s and youll easily find 98 load rating , thats what were on mine factory anyway

Try Oponeo or mytyres websites

I'll have a chat with the garage tomorrow. Getting some lock nuts put on. I ***ume that I can go 45 instead of 40 when the time comes because the 40 seem impossible to find.

For the 180 type s, tyres are 235/45/18, as the rims are 8j. for the 7.5j 18's, 225/45/18

Check the offset on CRV wheels, might not be suitable for an Accord

I love the look of these wheels mr honda, you saying i shouldnt have a problem then. I want to be sure as its quite an expensive purchase. Not up to speed on tyre terminology but would 7j be an issue?

Sorry mr honda just referred back to your previous comment. The type s is 8j and you say the 18s are 7.5j but these are 7. Firstly would this be a problem and secondly what the hell does the j mean?

walton1231 said:
Sorry mr honda just referred back to your previous comment. The type s is 8j and you say the 18s are 7.5j but these are 7. Firstly would this be a problem and secondly what the hell does the j mean?
walton1231 said:
Right ive just been told these are 7 inch wide and et50 are these going to be ok?
The j refers to width, but not sure if it actually means inches or not. The type s 180bhp accord uses wider 18" rims as standard 8j. The other ones use 7.5j.

You will be fine with the offset, good luck with the purchase :)

Sounds like they are a thinner wheel than the standard type S wheel.
They are nice wheels, but pricey, you know you'll get good non Honda wheels for less?

I personally dont think youll get as good a wheel as this for the money, im also wanting to use factory wheels. Been down the whole rota etc route with the dc2 and atr

Ask Holdcroft for a discount. The RRP is £995 bit pricey.