What's new

Accord being discontinued in the UK?

exec said:
...Also with the diesel, the Honda engine is bulletproof, the problem is with the Bosch parts used, Honda should have gone to Denso!
That sounds like invented anti-diesel propaganda from a so-called rival forum!

Bosch didn't supply the exhaust manifold, clutch or timing chains... but these are the real problem areas, not the odd (and relatively cheap) Bosch sensor or actuator.

Latest I've heard is the Accord has been stopped in Europe and they intend to launch Acura in Europe with a small range of luxury cars.

How do they expect to sell Acura, when they can't get sales of an Accord. I'd really like to see the new TLX being launched as an Accord here, but that won't happen, and what engines would they plan for Acura? Doesn't make sense launching Acura when the downsizing trend continues??

Honda have an image problem in the UK, so launching Acura gives them a chance to start again. I would say they will launch a luxury saloon and a big SUV.

Acura isn't going to come to the UK, they already said that at some point, they would struggle to establish the brand in any meaningful way apart from a low volume brand like Infiniti, which wouldn't make much business sense.