What's new

Air Con

BRETTMK

Reaction score
Car
Accord Idtec
Hi, ive got an Accord IDTEC 8th Gen - had this for 3 years.
I have a problem with my air con.
All worked fine then one day air con just stopped working. I plugged Honda HDS in and it said pressure sensor - open circuit. i replaced the sensor, had it regassed and it still wouldn't work. Clutch doesn't engage and no fans come on.
Plugged it in again the fault had gone but it says Thermal pressure sensor on (this is not in the DTC section its in the heater system) - i haven't a clue what this means and dont know how to turn it off.
All fuses and relays are fine.
Currently have no gas in it whilst im testing it so had it emptied.
I rang an air con man who said you can reset the system on the dash - again, ive tried (only thing i can do is where it goes through the heater test - but mine stops half way through).
Any ideas of anything else i could try.
thanks in advance

Have you tried running the AC compressor test to listen for the clutch engaging?

yeh ive had the power probe on it and nothing happened - was going to bridge the wires but the manual said dont do this test if your fans are not coming on (which mine arent) - i have no rev drop or anything. i think its something to do with the thermal cut off thats coming up on the HDS but i dont know how to turn it off

Nope, your clutch is goosed mate. New compressor time.

cheers lol - ill do a few more tests - only thing that makes me think is it worked fine until the pressure sensor worked. - failing that does anyone recon these?

I’ve had one reconditioned some years back for my wife’s old FRV, there are companies that do it if you search around. If you’ve got a HDS just run the aircon compress test in the engine special functions. It will work regardless of a failed pressure sensor, or just stick a 12v signal on the clutch trigger and listen for it to engage.

Just go into the diesel engine menu and under all the live tests (turbo actuator, injectors etc) you’ll see one for the aircon compressor