What's new

Alarm going off with new key (UK model)

JLH4545

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord touring
PROBLEM-Hey all, so I've recently had to get a new key for 2008 2.2 diesel tourer, the vendor had a bit of trouble coding the key but got there eventually, since though the red alarm dash light has been flashing and the alarm sounds once I open the door with the key, it'll stop but once I open another door, the boot or bonnet it will set it off again, it randomly just goes off as well when driving. The hazard lights aren't going off just the alarm siren, it isn't the horn as in other models its a siren that sounds like it's in the boot area. The owners manual gives no indication of relays or the siren location.

QUESTION- is there a way to disconnect the alarm sounder or a relay that can be taken out, it's a major stress as I live in a development with a lot of children and it going off randomly and when I open the doors is a major PITA for myself and my neighbors.

Hey, have you tried reprogramming your key fob?

This could be helpful if you follow every step:

Cheers, unfortunately my replacement key is a lollypop key, it has no buttons or fob with, it was coded by the key replacement provider, thanks for replying though.