What's new

Alternator

CarlStewart

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I'm thinking of swapping out my alternator (following noises etc see my previous posts) was gonna change pulley /bearings but thinking about swapping the whole unit out.

Am I right in saying that the unit is the same as in the CRV??? Lings have the diesel 2.2 down as a CSC91 Denso for the accord, I can get hold of a CRV CSC914E is this the same unit??

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Carl

i wouldnt take the risk if your paying good money for either. its up to you if you want to try a crv alternator if you can get one cheep enough. the next cheepest option is to fit a breaker donor alterator form an accord or replace the front bearing on the alternator you have. replacing the bearing is not an easy job to do however. If you arnt very confident on the spanners the easyest option is to replace the alternator as a whole as it isnt too difficult a job. just make sure you remove the extra idle pully and fit the shorter/updated aux belt else you will be in the same boat again in no time.

Yeah - think I may go for the shorter belt - but didn't do too bad out of the longer one - almost 200k!!

Checked Lings again and it shows as exactly the same part (the alternator that is) - Accord 04 2.2 Diesel iCTDi same as CRV 2005 2.2 Diesel iCTDi.

****** thing is being delivered tomorrow - so will soon find out if it's right or not!!!!

Can anyone else clarify if this sounds right??

Cheers

Did you check the Honda part numbers rather than the Ling's numbers?

31100RBDE02 is the Honda part number for the complete ***embly; and yes it is the same as the CRV's number. Don't know if there are any other considerations to worry about though - Beefy knows far more than I about these things!

Thanks mate - I did ring HH and ask them and they said it looks like there is only on alternator (for Accord and CRV) - so I'm touching wood, everything crossed etc etc that it's gonna be OK!! - Worst case scenario I can hopefully take pulley and bearings from the CRV one and swap them over!

http://www.autocomplet.com/index.php?pag=7&id=203296&lang=2

This is definitely what I am getting - the guy gave me 104210 p/n over the phone - but you never know until you get it in your hands!??

Can someone tell me how long the job should take (from taking fan shroud etc etc off - to completion) - Just want to make sure I leave myself plenty of time, as these things always seem to take longer 1st time you do them!!

Cheers
Carl

Depends really, if you have the tools and don't run into major problems I would allow 2-3hours but can be done alot quicker maybe 45mins or even less. I posted a DIY on here somewhere, should give you some pointers in the right direction. Just make sure to have a tool that allows enough leverage on the tensioner.

Cheers Salim,
Trust me - I have studied your DIY (in great detail!!)
blush.gif

I have a lovely homemade spanner/tool for the tensioner (lost loads of hair over that last week whilst trying to pinpoint what my fault was, plus a fair amount of knuckle skin!!!)

But - excellent write up on the DIY - can't see their being too many issues (famous last words!!!).

Carl