What's new

Atouch of o.c.d

pappyjohn

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 idtec EX auto
I'm into regular detailing of mine. Usually once a week. Definitely a classic case of o.c.d. Wash, rinse,dry,followed by quick detailer. Brings it up a treat.

nice any tips??

OCD = CJ just ask him about his pre winter prep lol

My twice yearly detail = rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam, rinse, 2bm wash, rinse, dry, clay, 2bm wash, rinse, dry, polish, buff, wax, buff, wax, buff - sit back with a beer and have the wife nag me about spending all day on the car B)

Weekly = rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam, rinse, 2bm wash, rinse plus QD, dry :D

So yeah Im OCD as well I guess

holy moley john...! Can you do mine too!
speechless-smiley-020.gif

Some shiny motor here guys :p I will be giving mine a full once over before winter now... cba at the moment lol is happy with it's weekly washes lol

the clay bar will give you a great surface to start the process. i used one on mine shortly after i bought the car and it's suprising how much contamination comes off. you should be able to feel the difference after its done. make sure you use plenty of lubricant with it or you will end up with scratches. and if you accidently drop the clay bar on the floor discard it and continue with a new one. good luck.

the clay bar will give you a great surface to start the process. i used one on mine shortly after i bought the car and it's suprising how much contamination comes off. you should be able to feel the difference after its done. make sure you use plenty of lubricant with it or you will end up with scratches. and if you accidently drop the clay bar on the floor discard it and continue with a new one. good luck.

Cant wait to get started and get it cleaned can anyone reccomend a good wax and sealer?

my personal preference is for the Meguires range of cleaners, polish and waxes, and i find a weekly wash of the car and a coat of quick detailer(spray it on and wipe to a shine) keep it in pristine condition. You can get plenty of info on their web-site but shop around for the best price.

my personal preference is for the Meguires range of cleaners, polish and waxes, and i find a weekly wash of the car and a coat of quick detailer(spray it on and wipe to a shine) keep it in pristine condition. You can get plenty of info on their web-site but shop around for the best price.

Cheers will take a look at those, i want to get it sorted out while the weather is still good.

Just ordered a clay bar to get mine ready for a nice waxing....

Get a decent sealant for after you've clayed and before you put your wax on it helps protect all your hard work!

When i strip mine back with clay, I use stage 1 and 2 of megs, then apply a sealant this time it was BMW nanowax, but previously megs 21, best doing a couple of coats especially if using nanowax, then finally I use either megs NXT 2 or Autoglym HD Wax. Looks great on a dark colour, and good on silver. Then top it of with rainaway on the glass.

No doubt there will be plenty of alternative suggestions to follow! :blink:

a list of a few bits i use:-

chemical guys jetseal 109
poor boys blackhole glaze
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet PRO Supercharged Wax

any of the Dodo juice range of waxes are good, Meguiars is very nice but don't seam to have the durability factor. If you want durability then get a pot of Collinite Super Double Coat Auto Wax No. 476s or 915 Marque D'Elegance.

a good shampoo will also help to keep the sparkle in your motor, but every one has a fav so try a few and see what you like.

Machine polishing is also a great way to make the car shine well and they can be easily picked up through numerous detailing sites, i would recommend starting with a DA Kestrel DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher .

HTH

Jamie S

Get a decent sealant for after you've clayed and before you put your wax on it helps protect all your hard work!

When i strip mine back with clay, I use stage 1 and 2 of megs, then apply a sealant this time it was BMW nanowax, but previously megs 21, best doing a couple of coats especially if using nanowax, then finally I use either megs NXT 2 or Autoglym HD Wax. Looks great on a dark colour, and good on silver. Then top it of with rainaway on the glass.

No doubt there will be plenty of alternative suggestions to follow! :angry:

ifind the megsNXT a bit easier than HD wax

When the weather obliges i clay my car once a week. Wow is it worth it!!!!

I'd love to have the time to be ocd! Plus a 120 miles a day commute isn't the best for keeping a shiny car in winter. :eek:)

OCD = CJ just ask him about his pre winter prep lol

My twice yearly detail = rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam, rinse, 2bm wash, rinse, dry, clay, 2bm wash, rinse, dry, polish, buff, wax, buff, wax, buff - sit back with a beer and have the wife nag me about spending all day on the car B)

Weekly = rinse, snow foam, rinse, snow foam, rinse, 2bm wash, rinse plus QD, dry :D

So yeah Im OCD as well I guess

Surely you rinse prior to rinsing?

:p