What's new

B1005 error code with VSA/ABS lights

duffbeer

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2007
Hi,
I just bought my first Accord a few weeks ago and I then bought some spare key FOBS from eBay. I was trying to program the FOBS following youtube videos but without success. When I finally gave up trying to program the new fobs I started the car and noticed the VSA/ABS lights on. These hadn't been on previously and seems too coincidental that they come on after messing around with key programming.

Anyway - I tried resetting the ABS and VSA by jumping pins 4 & 9 and following the procedure. The ABS flashes showing it is reset but the VSA doesn't and the problem remains. (Quick question here - for VSA reset does 9 need to be grounded? or I read that pin 4 is a ground so can just leave it in there?)

I'm seeing error code B1005 which is apparently "Faulty Relay Control Module"

Any idea if this is something I should be able to fix / reset myself? Seems like something I did with programming they keys has set off this error ....? Appreciate any advice as MOT is coming up and otherwise the car has been running great!

Thanks

it looks pretty new but I haven't tested it. I'll check it today

Yeah battery shows 12.7v and car starts really well each time.

I notice power steering fluid is a little low - would that affect it?

still seems strange it just came up after the messing with key programming.

thanks for any advice

B1105 is a loss of communications in the wiring loom, which could be as a result of the low voltages when cranking. If the relay fails to make a connection then this will flag up as the fault.

Ok thanks. If I stick a new battery in would the error disappear itself if this is the problem? Or I should put in the new battery and then do a VSA/ABS reset?

I don't think it matters but there is no point in having errors stored as it would not be possible to identify any reoccurrence.

I would clear down the ECU faults just before changing the battery, that way you can verify if the fault is a ****y battery (perhaps combined with corrosion on the terminals), or an actual fault in the loom

Thanks for the help.
I tried another battery, cleaned terminals, but I still see the ABS/VSA lights.
However, now when I jump 9&4 I see
DTC NO instead of B1105

Any thoughts on what I could try?

Do you think there is some link between trying to program the key fob and this happening immediately after? When I programmed the key fob I did the off/on 4 times thing. It worked to re-program the existing fob but the ones I’d bought on eBay didn’t program.

Can't help you there, my car came with two fobs and both have been fine over the five or so years I've had the Tourer.

Are you reading the codes from the dashboard lighting ? (it is how I got my first diagnosis on the car , including the resettings with the pin shorting)

Yeah I get the code from the dashboard when I jump pin 4 & 9.
if I keep these jumped and do the ABS reset procedure the ABS light flashes accordingly.
if I then do the VSA procedure then the ! flashes but then it isn’t cleared.
Thanks anyway for the help … I’ll keep trying!

Yeah it’s strange. Everything was fine. Then I tried to program these new fobs… tried about 4 times then gave up. Then started the car and saw the ABS/VSA lights. Did the pin 4&9 thing. Saw error B1005.

now, since disconnecting the battery, when I do pin 4&9 I just get DTC NO on the dash