What's new

Battery drain 0.88amp stopped by removing fuse 16 under bonnet.

edit:

well I tried that and they were here but I've deleted them, because you're right, they are blurry

I don't get this, the originals are hi-res

I suspect that Photobucket is doing something wrong :eek:

even the seat heaters

CW3_seat_heater_cct.jpg

those seat heaters were uploaded for this thread ---> http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/23278-heated-seat-base-and-tyres-query-options/?p=241183

and they were definitely hi-res in Photobucket when I did that post

Just to update- left ammeter on with bonnet down and vehicle locked. Reading of 0.88amp

Had a few brews and went back to the see it fluctuating between 0.01 and 0.02amp. Happy days. Can only ***ume the drain was caused by systems running self tests. And the flat battery occasions being caused by the weedy 45ah battery that I've replaced with a 70ah.

Even though the 45ah was showing the green indicator I'd imagine only one cell slightly under performing will cause issues on that size battery.

Thanks again for helping.

There have been issues like this on 7th gens.

Those 45Ah batteries are ok for the 7th gen petrol engined cars but I suspect that the electrical equipment in the 8th gen (petrol engined cars) is more complex, so a weak battery might be more easily affected. Even on my CM2 (7th gen 2.4) when the battery ages, the alarm can sometimes flatten the battery in only a couple of days. I think that there is also sometimes an issue with the MICU, which is involved in shutting everything down after the car is locked. If, as you say, the battery volts are slightly low, I think that the MICU continues to draw current. Note that on the 8th gen, there are two MICU's :eek:

Also, on 7th gen facelift Accords, there is a known problem with the HFT module that does run the battery down, even the diesel.

Gavjbrown said:
One thing I forgot to say was the OS mirror does not tilt down when in reverse but I've already tried disconnecting that and the drain was still present.
Not designed to