Bonnet Vibrates - Rattles, Flutters over 60 mph

Gregson

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 i-vtec Es Gt
Hi Guys
Another fault in my Accord what I discovered :(
While driving on motorways or dual carriageway over 60 mph I'm start hearing clicking noise. I wasn't sure where it get from but finally discovered :) First thing what I seen was my bonnet (was shaking on the trailing edge). I was tried google something and finally found an issues regarding it on Acura website. There is faulty rear bonnet seal which going flat and there is a gap making loose.

Below link how to fix problem (pdf file to download) - it regarding Acura TSX but is similar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bq0u9k

New seal - part no (PFKL2044265)

Also 2 clips on each side of garnish fender has been loose and they didn't sit correctly making plastic loose which was also vibrated. I don't know how it's happened, only one thing coming now into my head (during replacing windscreen windshields by Honda technican - I don't want blame them as I'm not sure on 100% but before recall I wasn't heare it).
So you may check plastic garnish if they got loose replace clips - part no ( PFKL1011687 )
I replaced clips and seal and stopped rattling :D
Hopefully it will help
Cheers Guys

Thanks for that, I'd heard about it and noticed how the bonnet does wobble around a bit sometimes.

I think its only early 8th gens that need the bigger seal. Also check if any of the front rubbers are missing.

Might have even been free as a recall at some point.