What's new

Boot & C/Control

StuH

Members
Reaction score
Car
Superb Estate 3.6 V6
Okay, slight oddities; occasionally the boot throws a wobbler - fine opening off the key, usually fine going down off the button except periods, like today, when it goes down, beeps three times and opens again! nothing in the way, nothing obstructing. It even does it when it's shut manually, the only way to close it is manually do it and lock the doors straight away. Locking and unlocking usually does the trick and removing the negative terminal for a while seems to clear it for a while. I'd like to sort this though, any ideas?

Part 2! Using Auto for the climate control always results in the recycle function used and I've never had 'conditioned' air for anything more than a few minutes. Run the A/C manually does result in cooler air. At the service the garage did say the gas is running low, could the above be a result of this?

Mine at the moment, since the weather has warmed up considerably is putting the recirculate on when I first start the car. Depending on the set temperature depends on how long it stays on. Its easier for it too cool the air in the car as its recirculating it and cooling it all the time than to lower the temperature of the outside air. Once its cooled the interior temperature down then the recirculate turns off and it uses air from outside.

Hope that makes sense!

I'd get it regassed though and see what happens.

If your tourer is younger than 7 years and i think 100k miles, if you have the right fault code stored on the ecu then you may get it fixed under the extended warranty. This is what I did, they weren't even bothered about having full honda history either.

We've had the diagnostic on and no fault is recorded and I can't always replicate the problem it's so intermittent. I managed half an hour studying the situation and it appears that the latch does always close and as a result the door goes back up. I'll give it a good clean and lube when I get a minute.

Had the air con gassed, it's made a difference with manual a/c but not much has changed with the climate, still not blowing cold when on recirculate even though the car is very hot inside.

Well the air con recharge does seem to have worked, it's now dam cold!