What's new

Brakes upgrade i-CTDi

Not very good on the part of MTEC is it?

Supplying an unsuitable pad, then wanting more money from you to correct their mistake.

Good to hear that EBC are trying to rectify the situation for you.
Hopefully thingss will get sorted out in your favour.

What a story guys

I wish that nobody goes trough this kind experience

Now is about 3 months that i'm trying to solve this with MTEC
So they lied to me that the pads are overheated which denied the EBC tech team ( i send them the pics i posted here )
MTEC told me that the pads will not be covered under warranty, than i contacted EBC to get the things clear and they told me that MTEC should cover them under warranty because they sold me the wrong compound for my car so the only thing to to was that MTEC send the package with the pads i send them to EBC and then EBC will charge MTEC for the new set of YellowStuff

Here comes the interesting

I send the message to MTEC that they send the package to EBC but they was not able to to this...do you know why?
BECAUSE THEY LOST MY PACKAGE!!!

Now i escalated this case to PayPal because i realy don't know what can i do to solve this with them.

Bad experience, but i'm happy to share this story with you guys so in that way you can avoid this kind of problems in the future

Poslano z mojega SM-N910C z uporabo Tapatalk

But now i need your support :)

Now i will order on the costs of MTEC another set of pads and discs and yous want to know your opinion what would be the best choise of discs for the YellowStuff
The car is a daily car and more than half of traveling is a motorway and time to time street racing...yes with a diesel :)
Tech team of EBC told me that between their disc shapes are a very little difference in braking performace for street use so what do you think if i put some standard EBC discs?
Take in mind that i cover about 40k km/year and groved discs are eating the pads much quicker

Thanks in advance

Go with what EBC recommend.

Personally I'd go for a plain disc and their road pad, as that'll give you the best longevity on the setup, for all the miles you do.

If you're particularly hard on them, then go to a set of reds with a grooved disc, as the grove will help clean the pads. You will of course go through discs and pads faster due to the more aggressive pad compound.

Either way, it's great to hear EBC are sorting this out for you. Having used their products for years in cars and bikes, I've never had an issue, and although this is just a case of a supplier getting it wrong, it's nice to see they look after their customers.

EBC told me that the disc's are my own choise and that the different shapes does not make almost no difference for street use and because of that i'm considering the standard discs a choise.
The RedStuff are not even listed for my car from EBC [emoji1] but MTEC list them...Tech team from EBC told me that if i want to upgrade i should go for YellowStuff