What's new

Can I buy replacement OEM alloy wheels?

davbar1986

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2 sport gt
Hi all,

I recently hit some discarded metal on a dual carriageway which in turn shredded my tyre and took a huge chunk out of the alloy wheel. The garage told me the wheel was dead and so I replaced it with one I bought off ebay. Long story short, the tyre keeps deflating and I suspect I've been sold a dodgy wheel. Ideally I want to buy a new oem or replica wheel for piece of mind that it's not damaged. I have the 5 spoke standard alloys (the rarer ones which I've only ever seen on the facelift 7 gen....sorry I don't know the official name). I'll try and add a photo if possible.

Can't believe how hard it is to find spares of this particular alloy.

What are my options? Ta

I had a similar problem after hitting a pothole last year, took me ages to find a replacement and I couldn't find the name of the wheels either. Luckily I managed to find an entire set second hand. I have my old wheels if you are interested but they are not great cosmetically and one is pothole damaged. Otherwise I guess you keep your eyes peeled online, ebay etc or look at refurbing your recent replacement maybe?

The wheel I bought as a replacement is going back to the tyre shop to be refitted/checked. Hopefully it's ok but was considering worst case scenario. May buy some civic type r alloys if it is damaged as I've always fancied them on my accord. Cheers for the replies

Yes of course you can buy replacement rims form Honda but they cost a fortune..... Lings Honda website tells me it's part number 42700-SEF-E91 that you need but it's £491 for one!!