What's new

Car feels like its rolls in the corners........

whereami

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S 04
I have owned my car for a while now and it might be me but do you guys think the car rolls a bit in the corners? It could be me but how do you find the stock set up?

How many complete rolls do you tend to do? Must be sending it in lol :p Good effort on being up right for the next corner, skills!

Seriously though, yeah thats subjective, but yes in stock form, all Accords roll loads, even the Type Rs. Easily fixable if its not to your taste.

Rob its the set up if the 7th gen.
Honda have improved this with the 8th gen by having independent suspension.
Put a Aspec on the car and it will far better mate

Thanks for the advice. I guess when ypu been driving the same car for ages you brain plays tricks on you, I was noticing the roll and wallow more when I went round tight bends, I was thinking is this normal, was it like this when I first got it. By the sounds of it, they all roll and I'm just being over sensitive. Great advice Brett, i will look in to one of those.

Or ask Steve rob what the difference was when he fitted his Eback springs.
Worse case rob you might have a bush gone causing the extra roll.
You might find rob that when you have a full tank and people in the back it handles better

Thanks for the advice. I guess when ypu been driving the same car for ages you brain plays tricks on you, I was noticing the roll and wallow more when I went round tight bends, I was thinking is this normal, was it like this when I first got it. By the sounds of it, they all roll and I'm just being over sensitive. Great advice Brett, i will look in to one of those.
Your car is getting on in years... you probably have wear in some of the suspension components, and/or maybe the alignment has drifted?

I think my tourer actually handles pretty well for a non-sporting barge of a car.

Rob its the set up if the 7th gen.
Honda have improved this with the 8th gen by having independent suspension.
Put a Aspec on the car and it will far better mate
I don't believe that the 8th gen was the first Accord to have independent suspension.

What gen Accord Jon had this set up mate.

Also rob I remember when Dan Robinson had A spec fitted it was like a different car.
You can litery chuck the car into corners and it just stays there

I recently had an MOT on my Tourer and had to change all of the front suspension arms, bushes etc. Since then the handling has improved a lot and the body roll decreased significantly.

If you've had the car a long time and not had a lot of work done on the suspension side of things then it's highly likely that things are just showing signs of age. Having said that, even with a new standard suspension set up the Accord is not going to handle amazingly well and does tend to wallow a bit if you rush it too much. Quick changes of direction are not it's cup of tea, much prefers a fast flowing A-Road in my experience.

What gen Accord Jon had this set up mate.
My 7th gen tourer has independent suspension and I would ***ume that so would all other Accords, whatever generation (less sure about the very early ones though).

But I would expect the 8th gen has other suspension improvements that make it handle a little better?

+1 on suspension, stock suspension on the 7th gen is pants and it looks like a massey ferguson.

put on coils, A Spec or the like and its just a whole new ball game.

you can do roundabouts and corners on modded suspension at frightening speeds.

I dont like springs only, i think you are better off doing dampers and springs all at once.

As Eric says, if you can afford, get coil overs mate. If they're too expense, get lowered on Eibachs or Apex and save up for some Koni adjustable dampers. I've read good things about these dampers and that's my plan. Couldn't get Eibachs in my price for the tourer as they're discontinued so I went for Apex. They're great. No regrets, but I think it's taken it's toll on my shocks as they're a bit crashy now. Will eventually get round to putting Koni shocks on.