What's new

Car loves dragging to the left

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Well it has been a while since this first started but my car just seems to love going to the left. So if I am on a straight road and take my hands off the wheel (just to see how bad it is I don't drive with no hands lol) it just goes to the left! And when braking the car also goes left!

I thought it was the brakes as they were in need of replacing and the right pads were worse than the left ones so I replaced all discs and pads (full write up when I have time). That did not change and then I thought it might be the tyres so I got two new tyres a couple of days ago and still pulls to the left :s! The only thing I can think of is the alignment? Maybe get it booked in for 4 wheel alignment or does anyone have any other bits of advise?

Thanks

I would recomend a 4 wheel alignment on a hunter machine.

Try alignmycar.co.uk they will have a hunter locator link

Of course it loves pulling to the left, it's a 7th gen Accord :lol: . Mine's started doing it again too, but I'm getting it aligned on Tuesday (after I have my new springs fitted B) ). The winter driving conditions with increased potholes etc can knock out the alignment and things, so get an alignment and should sort you right out. Quite honestly, I think the 7th gen should have at least one routine alignment a year. It's quite sensitive. If it's still doing it (more notably under breaking) after the alignment consider getting your front compliance bushes replaced. Should be under £200 for that and it makes a big difference to the feel of the car (***uming they are currently worn and possible splitting a little).

Try alignmycar.co.uk they will have a hunter locator link

You see, even in their promotional video they're aligning a Honda Accord it's so well known for dodgy alignment :lol: (well, it's the USA Accord really, but I imagine under the different clothes, there's a lot of similarity and the comic value is there nonetheless :lol: )

Alignment Video

Yes get a full alignment done at least once a year. preferably on a hunter machine. and look that your pistons and sliders on the calipers a free if you got more wear on pads one side.

dont froget that even if your alignment is spot on that the camber of the road will naturally take you left on 99.9% of roads. the roads taper off to the left to increase the drainage of water during rain etc making the road not completely flat. this will also pull your car slightly to the left.