What's new

Car not starting

Dave04

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel
Hi, the car has developed a problem this afternoon and I’m hoping someone may be able to help. I was trying to wire a relay for some lights and kept turning the ignition from off to position 2 so this may have caused the fault but im unsure as to if this could be the case, I went to start the car afterwards and it just cranks but wont start, the glow plug light and the battery light doesn’t come on at all now with the rest of the dash lights when the key is turned to position 2 and the green immobilizer key just keeps flashing whist trying to start the car. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

It sounds like the car is in immobilizer mode and the key might need resetting.
There is a thread hear somewhere how to do this i will have a look.Or if someone else finds it please put up.Or it might be this

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9844-emergency-fuel-cut-off-04-cdti-accord/

It sounds like the car is in immobilizer mode and the key might need resetting.
There is a thread hear somewhere how to do this i will have a look.Or if someone else finds it please put up.Or it might be this

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9844-emergency-fuel-cut-off-04-cdti-accord/
agree with brett,maybe you somehow managed to reset the key by turning it on and off bud,easily done...

I did find the thread on reseting the key fob but that seems to only sort the locks not the immobilizer, I've just put the battery on charge and will refit it to the car in the morning just incase it didn't have enough power and to hopefully reset the whole thing but its now appearing I may have made the car think it was being nicked and has just immobilized itself. I'm just about to go to work so will ask one of the chaps there as he knows a bit about cars. Thanks for the advice so far lads.

Hopefully just a battery drain. Lock the car with the remote and unlock and then try restarting.

Hopefully just a battery drain. Lock the car with the remote and unlock and then try restarting.

Did try this, a friend at work suggested setting the alarm, leave the window open and set the alarm off that way the alarm system has done something so may reset it self. it worked with her proton so i might try this in the morning.

Tried all of this but got nowhere so have just called the rac and will probably get it taken to my local honda.

Now I feel like a right idiot, RAC came out and checked the fuses that my mate didn't check (I thought he had checked them all) replaced an blown one to do with the ignition and now the car is all good again.