What's new

Central locking - self-locking

George Motl

Reaction score
Car
Accord VII Tourer2.0
Hello everyone,
has anyone here encountered a malfunction of the car's self-locking? As soon as the key is in the ignition and I close the driver's door, the car locks. It only happens with the driver's door. I found advice to replace the lock actuator. After the replacement, the problem went away. But another problem appeared, now the car cannot be locked centrally. It is not possible to lock with the remote control or the driver's button. I have to manually lock all the doors now.

I still remember that during the problem, when the car was locking itself, the 5th door remained unlocked. (the only way to get back into the started car)

Now the fault manifests itself in the fact that when the car is started and the driver's door is open, it is not possible to "press" the driver's door lock (again, this only happens with the driver's door).

Has anyone had similar problems?

Car: Accord VII Tourer 2.0 SPORT 2003

Thank you for answer,
George

I have issues with my central locking, I need the signal from the key after the drivers door lock was wrecked by scroats two years back.

Lately there is hesitation on one door to lock (rear nearside) and this also has an issue with the window winding, so I will probably have to dismantle and check sooner than I would wish.

It may be just a corroded connector of course.